ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up clubroadster people, today I curbed my Kosei K1 wheel. I was parallel parking on the street and went a little to close for comfort, aftermath was a curbed front passenger wheel. I cannot stand curbed wheels, what can I do to fix this? The curbage is about four to seven inches in length on the lip of wheel. Here is a photo I took (excuse the camera phone quality)

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
^^^
Yep, take it to a wheel shop and have them fix it. Probably $100-ish so it might be a wash on just buying another wheel. You could pretty easily sell this as a spare to someone else, so keep that in mind as well when determining cost.

If it's really, really light and you already have the tools and you're on a budget, you can use a dremel and a polishing disc to sand it down and it won't be nearly as noticeable (google this), but seeing as you're asking this question already, you probably want it done right.

·
Registered
145 Posts
^ what they said.
but if youre any good at this kind of thing you can get alluminium filler stuff and fill it into the scratches.
sand it back so its flush,
sand the rest of the wheel for a key so the primer sticks,
prime it,
paint it.

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys, ill search some wheel repair shops since I am not confident on taking this matter into my own hands. I checked tirerack where I bought the set, its $115 each. If it cost $100 +/- to repair the wheel I might as well just purchase a new one and sell this one off.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Don't waste money on an expensive repair. Fixing this is easy, just sand the scratches out and scuff the paint around the curbage a bit.
Then apply a primer and paint it with a can of wheel silver, its all pretty much the same kind of colour.
If the scratches are really deep you could apply some metal filler to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts