ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Does anyone know where I can find a cusco rollbar for my NA? I've seen some pictures of it, but when I search the internet, I don't find any sites that carry it.

I did a quick search of the forums already and didn't really find any info on this, so If anyone knows where I can get one and or has any info (price, experience, where to find one, etc...) I would appreciate the help. Thanks

Nils-

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
raretrick.com
Thanks for the info. Raretrick carries it, but now I need to start looking for the different pictures of the 4 point and point bars. I want the one that cross' down to the armrest. Thanks guys

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is really cool a bit tight though, if you are more than 6 feet tall you might want to reconsider. You have to move the center bar from the left to the right side (it's designed for a right hand drive) if not you have to chicken wing to shift. Cusco quality excellent, protection has been proven, very light chrome-moly tubes, and makes the car really solid. :p

·
Registered
111 Posts
and makes the car really solid. :p
i disagree with that one. i have a 6 point cusco/saftey21 cage and its only there for roll over protection, the whole cage shakes when driving in just bolt in config. Its most noticable at the front near the windsheild.

It does tie the car together but as for rigidity...forget it. The rear 4 point may be different.

Mine will be getting welded and gussetted this summer

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i disagree with that one. i have a 6 point cusco/saftey21 cage and its only there for roll over protection, the whole cage shakes when driving in just bolt in config. Its most noticable at the front near the windsheild.

It does tie the car together but as for rigidity...forget it. The rear 4 point may be different.

Thanks for letting me know... do you have a picture of yours installed? Its always good to know the problems of a product before you get into it. Also.. why do you think it rattles? What were you having welded? Thanks for the time!

·
3,542 Posts

Can you post for pictures of that cage? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
111 Posts
i dont have any pix of the cage in the car as im not in the country. I will be back there next month and will take pix for you guys.

Im running bilstein hd's (i think) and some unknown jap gold springs.

I am having the feet boxed and welded, the a pillar and top of the windsheild welded to the cage and the sides of the main hoop welded to the "b pillar". I'm also having the parts where they bolt together tacked.

I'm not saying cusco/saftey 21 cages are ****, but dont expect any increased chassis rigidity from them, they are there for saftey and they do their job quite well with that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
No offense taken, well I guess it's a subjective thing. I mean no disrespect either.

·
Registered
111 Posts
No offense taken, well I guess it's a subjective thing. I mean no disrespect either.
oh i didnt take offense, nor was my intend to offend, i love my cage cause i got it for next to nothing and if i ever need it i know it will save my ass, it just needs a little extra help to give you the stiffening of a proper weld in cage :mrgreen:

got my brother to take some pix for me, dont mind the state its in, i left it in the storage house out back when i was redecorating, cleaning it up before its welded :oops:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts