ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I have the sack you want to ride.
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm excited to announce that I'm finally prepared to start taking orders for center cap badges. Instructions on how to order are below. But first, some FAQ's.

How much do these things cost?
$55 shipped for a set of 4 center cap badges. ($65 shipped outside the continental US)

Do you make badges for XYZ center caps? They're not listed on your site.
Email me to arrange this. I will have you send me a center cap and I will make badges to fit. From then on, that will be listed as a compatible cap on my site.

Do I get the center caps or just the stickers that go on them?
I am just selling the STICKERS that go on the center caps. You will not get any center caps from me.

What color options are there?
See the vinyl color guide on my site.

I want a custom design. Can I get that?
Yes. For a "custom" price.

How do these things work?
Check out this blog post. You remove the factory center cap stickers/badges from your center caps and apply these in their stead. On some center caps you can stick these right on top of the factory logo. The bottom layer of vinyl provides the (quite strong) adhesive that keeps them stuck to the center cap.

Are they durable?
Quite! I did some fairly hardcore testing that I'll blog about soon. When I do I'll update this answer. Suffice to say they'll stand up to as much abuse as a stock plastic center cap from most aftermarket wheels.

How to order:

First, download the catalog (PDF) and check out all the styles and options. Then head over to R2-Limited.com and click on the Center Cap Badges link in the main navigation.

1: Fill out the form.

2: You’ll either get an invoice from me, or an email to follow up on more information.

3: You pay. I make. Please allow 2-3 weeks for production and shipping.

If you have questions that aren't in the FAQ please post them to this thread or email me - info (at) r2-limited (dot) com. I'll keep the FAQ up to date as best I can.

·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first set of 6UL badges are in production!

This customer specifically requested the design of my prototype instead of any of the designs from the catalog. This one is being done with a white background behind the red "m" icon.

Epoxy will go down on it tonight. It'll be cured well-enough for a test-fit on the 6UL badge on Thursday. Yeah...it takes a while to cure enough to even handle them.

·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Orcal makes a carbon fiber vinyl that's really good. Way more than good enough for center cap badges. I actually thought about it today. However, I'm unsure how it will layer with other colors of vinyl on top of it. Also, it's not designed to be cut on a plotter like mine. It would have to be hand-cut.

And it's really expensive.

So...at this time I'm not considering offering it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Do you have to get permission from the companies before you place their logo on your items for sale? I am just curious as I am considering making products with logos as well.

·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have to get permission from the companies before you place their logo on your items for sale? I am just curious as I am considering making products with logos as well.
Techncially, I probably do. If I was mass producing these in the hundreds I would probably need to cover my ass and do that. But I'm just winging it - until I get a cease and desist order or something. Don't think that'll happen. I'll be happy if I sell a couple dozen sets :)

·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The first set of cap emblems are done. These are the same 6UL caps pictured a few posts up.

Pouring the epoxy. As soon as the epoxy is applied I cover the badges with plastic cups to prevent any dust from settling in the crystal-clear resin.

And....installed in the caps! It's like jewelry ;)

Next up, Enkei caps. Unfortunately, not 14" RPF-1's. Maybe one day I'll figure something out for those.

·
Supporting Member
272 Posts
I got mine today. They're every bit as good as they look in pics, and have a top-quality feel. Thanks! I will post pics when I get them on the car.

·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking good! Amazing the amount of work that goes into these for the price you're charging... :eek:
That's the feedback I keep getting on both the stripes and the badges. People say I should charge more. I say they can suck it. This is too much fun. I have no desire to milk it. Just want to charge a more-than-fair price for stuff I love to make.

just wanted to say, huge fan of your work.
Thanks! I just laid epoxy on another set of center cap badges. 60mm diameter. They're huge! haha. They're the Type V with black, bronze and chrome. They look super nice. I'll post pics when they're done.

I got mine today. They're every bit as good as they look in pics, and have a top-quality feel. Thanks! I will post pics when I get them on the car.
Thanks, eddy! Please do post pics when they're mounted!

NOTE - My website has been down for a few days while I re-format it to be a bit more of a legit ecommerce site. I'm making good progress but it will still be another day or two. Thanks for your patience and all of the orders coming via PM and email!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts