ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching ways to mount my hydro ebrake in my drift build for about 2 months and wasn't happy with anything I found. Most people seem to mount it on the passenger side of the center console but that was too far away for me. Some people replace the stock handbrake but I wanted to keep mine. Initially I mounted it to the top of the transmission tunnel and had the handle coming up through where the ash tray and power window switches were previously. After installing it, it still wasn't comfortable and I didn't like the way it appeared.

So I went back to the drawing board and started over. In most other cars they are mounted to the drivers side of the transmission tunnel but with our cars being smaller, most people don't have room. However, I really wanted it there and I wanted it to be sleek and out of the way.

Eventually I came up with this:

I completely tore apart the assembly and made my own pivot point using a grade 8 bolt and some spacers to attach it to the transmission tunnel. I used some fender washers cut in half (one inside, one outside) to angle it a little bit and get it exactly where I wanted. From there, I made a bracket to mount the cylinder further back, between the seat and the tunnel. Finally, I mounted the reservoir to the back wall, behind/beside the driver seat so it's easy to fill and just run a rubber hose down to the cylinder. I then made my own rod from a grade 8 bolt welded to a rod which I then threaded on the end and connected to the existing cylinder rod with a smaller coupler.

This is extremely comfortable, fairly well out of the way, and very sleek. It doesn't interfere with my right leg at all.

Just wanted to post this up so other people can see another option.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What seat is that?

Also, is there enough clearance for a similar setup mounted on the passenger side of the console?

Looks good :icon_cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts