ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get a new exhaust for the miata, i was thinking between a fairly straight 2.5" from header back with a magnaflow or borla with a dump on the left side right before the bumper

or i was thinking about getting a r*sr or other premade catback, but dont know if its worth the money

I am looking to get the Deepest (bassy) sounding exhuast which is medium-loud
i know it sounds bad but i want it to be able to set off those sensitive car alarms if i want to. basically i hang out with a bunch of modded evos and want it to be around that volume

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol no, i dont mean annoying loud or annoying well ricey for lack of a better word. i like the sound of the rsr, and im thing about something along the lines of the borla duals, i just want more of a resonator to take out any buzz or rasp, flow well and still sound good

·
4,436 Posts
Re: custom or premade

This guy has a great looking exhaust that I am very impressed with...Borla makes one that looks very similar to the old Pitcrew Clubman. See here for the Magnaflow custom on NC:

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=180505

And here is the americanized Pitcrew exhaust (just center can in picture) - almost an exact copy.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I like the custom Magnaflow approach and have contemplated doing that for a while. The problem is the Magnaflow dual tip muffler only comes in 2.25 inlet (as far as I can tell) and I am turbo and would prefer at least a 2.5 inlet, if not a 3.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: custom or premade

ive been recentally looking at this guys exhuast, im not sure if i like it or not, from his videos on roadsterdrift.com it sounds beautiful its just....huge

·
Mufasa in Training
31,130 Posts
I did too...though, IMHO, it just looks silly (the exhaust).

To each their own, tho. I'm sure there are lots of folks glad I don't run their cars for 'em :lol:

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
That looks great!!! Looks just like the Olive Ball exhaust. It could tilt up a little bit more though, for the perfect N1 look.

·
4,436 Posts
That looks great!!! Looks just like the Olive Ball exhaust. It could tilt up a little bit more though, for the perfect N1 look.
Jesse - yes, the OB Dogtooth one is big, but I thought it was a motorcycle can with Mazda flange for direct bolt up. I prefer Orive Barr anytime :p

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so the vote is for the custom magnaflow vs getting hold of a rsr?
i love the sound of the rsr and that anniversary racing vid i posted so closest to those and happierill be. otherwise i think im doing the custom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts