ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has just become a certified welder. He owes me money and decided to bend and weld me a rollbar since he knows I am looking to buy one soon. I would like him to build a hard dog duece style double hoop rollbar.

So I am trying to get him mounting point information for max safety. Does anyone have pics or dimensions of the mounting locations for a duece style rollbar? Does anyone with double hoop rollbars have visibility problems out of the already small rear window?

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I've given thought to selling mine in favor of making a harness bar/cross brace that would use the same mounting points, but not restrict my headroom or seat travel.
I thought there were pics of the HD bar's mounting points on their website.

·
Registered
668 Posts
You can view the build pics of mine..
The stepped shelf behind the seats is structural so in the miata you don't actually have to go to the floor. This leaves alot more room for your seats!
*note, Mine is mounted to were it's actually blocking the seatbelt towers.. so either move it in or lose your seatbelts and go d.o.t. harnesses! :)
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v297/MunsonAutomotive/SM Build/?start=all

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah HD does have pics but it's not very clear as to where the bar mounts nearest the trunk or where behind the seats they mount. My concern is that I'll have him make a useless bar.

BTW: What does everyone think of leather wrapping the bar. Leather choice would be black to match interior of my car.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
That bar is looking good in gold.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That bar is looking good. I will let him know and if the bar turns out well then maybe I can convince him to make more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts