ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gang,
this might sound like a strange question but here goes anyway. does anyone know where i might be able to get a custom soft top made? i want the basic stock pattern, but with a custom fabric. I can't give away what i plan on doing, but i need to find someone that can do this for me.

any suggestions?

alex

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
I would say anyone down in Miami can do that for you. There are only a few custom shops up here in Tampa that can do that for you, Classic Auto Interiors, or German Auto House.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i looked into this project with a local upholstery shop. they told me it would cost around $1000.00 to have the custom soft top made for me, then i would also need to pay to have the newly made soft top installed onto the top frame and that would cost another $600.00

so, for now, this project is on the back burner. i am willing to pay the $1000.00 for the top, but i can't justify spending $600 to have it installed.

well, maybe soon if i run into alot of extra money. another thing is that i need to see if the material i want to use is actually weatherproof.

·
Registered
261 Posts
wow 600 for install!!! i did my own install in 4 hours at home in the driveway, its not as hard as it would seem, just time consuming and a friend that can hold stuff is a plus

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
wow 600 for install!!! i did my own install in 4 hours at home in the driveway, its not as hard as it would seem, just time consuming and a friend that can hold stuff is a plus
I second that notion. Granted, the only soft-top install I have done was not on a Miata, but on a Alfa Romeo Spyder Veloce (puke!!!). The tops are rather similar, however. Install took a few hours, the worst part was having to glue the flaps around the support bars.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Guesses as to what material will be used for the soft top:

-long haired fur
-cheetah pattern fabric
-snakeskin
-ostrich skin
-brown suede
-clear vinyl

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
cow skin (with fur and udders attached)
bear skin with the head on top
Sheepskin (lol)
Terry cloth
Dry Carbon fiber
Beer labels stitched together

Louis Vittoun FTW

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
I'm betting it's orange dimpled rubber material as used for basketballs, to match his orange car.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Purple spandex?

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Trampoline material?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Louis Vittoun FTW
You kid....

Back around '94 I worked at a Mazda dealer. Anything we took in trade that we couldn't sell would be sold to wholesalers. Well a wholesaller once drove up in a rather new Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4.

It was painted a bass boat metal flake emerald green, had chrome wheels and wheel well arches and a custom vinyl top made of Louis Vittoun vinyl with the LV logos. Pimpin!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts