ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... going to be honest here lol I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this one, but here goes!

I was looking at my car this past week desiring a new look to the rear end. I love the Garage Vary tail light conversion, but I'm not so in love with the cost.... So I'm looking to do something different. Something a little more outside of the box. What I REALLY want to do is french in some Lotus Evora tails. Only problem is I have not been able to find them anywhere.

If anyone has any information about where I might be able to acquire these tail lamps? I'd also be interested in any other suggestions here as well. I'm really just looking for larger round LED lights, but would prefer some exotic tails from another manufacturer. Would appreciate any info anyone can offer :) Thanks!

(Also, yes, I am aware of the likelihood that exotic tails are probably going to cost an arm and a leg as well. But I would rather do something custom-made for the money rather than pay for aftermarket that anyone can purchase and bolt on lol)

·
Mr. Swisher
1,430 Posts
You can get Evora tails from any Lotus dealer.

They are $154 each. I called them.

Cheaper than I thought they would be.

So with fiberglass work, custom wiring, etc. I bet you would spend right around the same amount as a set of GV tails costs.

Come to think of it, those would look sexy on a NC. Hmmmm

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get Evora tails from any Lotus dealer.

They are $154 each. I called them.

Cheaper than I thought they would be.

So with fiberglass work, custom wiring, etc. I bet you would spend right around the same amount as a set of GV tails costs.

Come to think of it, those would look sexy on a NC. Hmmmm
Oh wow... they are cheaper than I thought they would be. That's pretty awesome! I appreciate your help! Lotus shall be hearing from me soon me thinks!

And hellz yes Evora tails would be sexy on an NC!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Anyone know the diameter of the Evora lights? I just picked up a set of used Morette lights for my 2001 and was thinking about something along the same lines. Would love to have some led's for my tai lights. Later Elise/Exige lights may also work to I think. Esqueletto also has a led conversion for theirs I think it might also be a possibility.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in the middle of a couple other projects at the moment, but I'm thinking of using Diablo taillights.

It's MUCH, MUCH cheaper.

http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=2333
That's a pretty sick idea too! I've noticed older Ferrari tails are considerably cheaper as well. If I could get my hands on some Ferrari 599, Cali, or 458 Italia tails I would consider them as well lol but I have a feeling that any of those would be more expensive that the Evora tails I'm looking to get! Best of luck with your Diablo tails! I'm going to have to see that when it's set and finished! :D Be sure to post pics, eh?

·
Mr. Swisher
1,430 Posts
Those look like trailer tail lights.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Got to say Lotus got it right with the Elise/Exige taillights. If I owned the Zonda, Saleen, or the Lamborghini, I would be looking at replacing the taillights with some from Lotus:) That being said the three cars are all a few years old now. I like the up to date look of the Lotus lights better myself. If the Hellas were modded to look more like the Lotus lights maybe, but then again our stock lights modded like the Clear Corners would also be cool. A wash as it would entail the same work and time to do it. Sure would be nice if the Lotus lights were a little cheaper. Anyone have any idea what the diameter of the Lotus Elise lights are???

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow lol I suppose it really just takes seeing those supercars consecutively to see that they really do have the same tails.... I don't understand why those companies would skimp in that department, though. Doesn't make a lick of sense to me, seeing as they're not cheap at any rate lol All well over $100 k. You would think they would have put a little more effort into it.

I'm not sure about the Elise/Exige tails, but word has it that the Evora's tails are similar in diameter to the GV tail conversion for NA's. Not sure how close they are though.

And wow.... Noble did a good job using Sonata tails! I never would have picked up on that! I always thought they looked awfully familiar though! XD They look worlds better on the Noble anyway!

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
I've had a soft spot for the Pit Crew tail conversion. It's retro and pretty conservative (looks wise) as far as aftermarket modifications go.

·
Registered
165 Posts
the headlights in the Z, R390, and Diablo are also made by Hella, and i'm pretty sure the Hyundai/Noble tails are too

1 - 20 of 39 Posts