ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
11,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone else is into Transformers. They're one of my favorite things to photograph and pose. Er... play with. I thought I'd post some Transformer pictures here if no one minded.

Anyway, I recently did a couple upgrades to my yellow ricer S2000 Dragstrip (also known as Decepticharge). He comes pre-riced from Hasbro and he's pretty rare, but he just never looked right. A couple hours with a little black paint and he's looking much better.

Front 1/4 shot. The black/silver wheels are custom, and the spoiler is now black to match the hood. It used to be yellow.

Rear 1/4 shot shows the spoiler a little better.

Interior is now more realistic and completely black.

The engine bay - because no shoot is complete without an engine shot.

Dragstrip transformed. The gun barrel is custom since Honda wouldn't let Hasbro ship the toy with a big gun barrel/driveshaft. It's just a piece of another transformer's weapon.

Action pose! I also dremeled his head to allow his neck to bend. What's the point of putting a ball joint in the head and then sealing it up with a solid neck?

You lookin at me?

If you liked these, I've got a ton more toy pix on my flickr account. http://www.flickr.com/photos/revlimit

·
Vendor
11,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
CR.net Supporter
293 Posts
Dude that is sick! I used to be into all the 1st gen stuff. I'm thinking of picking up some Alternators. I'm way out of the loop though, and I don't think I can buy them locally.

·
Vendor
11,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Phat! That's my new space in the downtown parking structure. Much better than my old one.

I've got both Jazz and Shockwave (the white and purple RX-8s). I open everything and play with them. #-o Probably shouldn't, but... I like playing with my toys. I'm planning to add some detailing to Jazz. That was gonna be my next toy to shoot. :)

redroadster27: Alternators are on hiatus right now due to the Classics line being introduced. Another wave is coming in Feb with Rumble (a Civic) and Ravage (a Jaguar). You might be able to find the odd leftover in a Target near you. The shelf warmers from the last batch are still floating around here a little bit. That's the blue Corvette and the Scion.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Did someone mention HW Classics? I need all colors of the Tail Dragger, lets trade some cars man, extras of series 1 and a few series 2!

I need that purple one now!! DOH! why did you have to tell me there was a variation!

PhatMiata

·
Vendor
11,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a pic from one of my flickr buddies showing Shockwave and Dragstrip (unmodified). http://www.flickr.com/photos/lameazoid/247768799/ Shockwave is a Mazdaspeed RX-8 with the more-cool front fascia and rear spoiler. He's one of my most favorite toys.

The Classics I was referring to was Transformers Classics. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=943 They're modern versions of G1 toys. They're incredibly fun to play with. http://www.flickr.com/photos/revlimit/sets/72157594480951080/ - Classics Grimlock

·
CR.net Supporter
293 Posts
redroadster27: Alternators are on hiatus right now due to the Classics line being introduced. Another wave is coming in Feb with Rumble (a Civic) and Ravage (a Jaguar). You might be able to find the odd leftover in a Target near you. The shelf warmers from the last batch are still floating around here a little bit. That's the blue Corvette and the Scion.
Thanks for the tip. I used to see them at Toys"r"us but the one near closed down. Do they usually retail for $35 as seen on that site?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Whoa... nice work! I wouldn't paint my Decepticharge up... but yours does look way better.

I have at least one version of all of the moulds. I loved that toy line.

My favs are Mirage, Deadend and Cockblast.

·
Vendor
11,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
whoa. I didn't notice this thread had some replies.

I donno who my favorite Alt is. I'm surely sad to see the line end.

as a group, I'm most happy with the WRXs. I got a BTA Alert and painted/stickered him into Prowl. Having all three of the G1 Datsun bros in the same WRX mold makes me happy.

as for customs, my favorites are the 4 Stunticons that I've created. Appropriate since this is Dragstrip's thread.

but i think my favorite single Alt is also Shockwave. If I had to trade them all away, i think Shockwave would be the last to go.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts