ClubRoadster.net banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
7,945 Posts
Breakfasts!

Field greens. Drizzle of EVOO. S&P. Some leftover steak. Egg over medium. Avocado. Blackberry coconut mild smoothie. Coffee.

Same stuff plus leftover mustard potatoes from above, browned in clarified butter. Fruit bowl with strawberries, bananas, toasted coconut, and chopped cashews. That's such a good combo.

Grilled organic sirloin. Those same damn potatoes. Grilled zucchini. Bogle Essential Red blend.

If you're real G's and follow on IG you've already seen these.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
8,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
1.25" thick steak
Oven on 500
High-heat sear steak on cooktop, 30s per side (with butter for maillard)
3.5 minutes per side in oven for medium-rare, +1min / side for each doneness level

<3

·
Vendor
7,491 Posts
How is that potato recipe "paleo"? Did you walk under the paleo tree to harvest some dijon mustard? I'm totally ignorant to this latest diet trend, I openly admit. I thought paleo was foods that early humans ate. Therefore fruits and veggies with a little meat, nothing processed, no grains, no nuts. No? It sounded attractive to me a year or so ago because I thought that combined with organic it would be very healthy, but then I saw so many "tricks" it reminded me of doing Atkins 15 years ago.

If your diet says to eat cauliflower, just eat it. Don't mash it up into a "pizza crust", cover it with marinara and cheese and tell me it's pizza. Just eat your damn cauliflower.

Not to be taken personally by anyone here currently on paleo. :)

·
7,945 Posts
Google says Paleo is a diet based on the types of foods presumed to have been eaten by early humans, consisting chiefly of meat, fish, vegetables, and fruit, and excluding dairy or grain products and processed food.

Annie's makes a few different condiments in paleo friendly recipes. There's another brand that also makes some amazing salad dressings. I don't think it's so much agreeing with paleo as not disagreeing with it. There are no dairy, grain, or processed foods or products in it.

·
Vendor
7,491 Posts
You know Annie's is owned by General Mills, right? I have no idea if that makes their quality control and ethical standards lower or if they still have control over their production 100%. When I found that out it made me question Annie's products. Again, I could be ignorant to something I haven't fully researched.

I understand sticking to the idea of the diet and buying convenience foods that fit.

·
7,945 Posts
Whole 30 is just a 30 day jump start really. Change your habits. Shock your system. All that stuff. She went strict for 30 while I followed food but drank on the weekends. Had a couple of bad meals with friends. Yadda yadda yadda.

We're sticking to the clean meals, whole foods, very few carbs, etc. Being better but not strict. :)

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I think the terminologies have become so spread out, that it's all a mess, like religion. Atkins =/= Paleo =/=Keto =/= Wtfefver. I just tend to say "low carb, high protein" for my own personal way of eating.

Last night I made flourless brownie/cheesecake out of 6 eggs, cream cheese, butter, cocoa, vanilla, sweetener, and baking soda. Came out pretty good, considering they were 147kcal, and 2 g net carb.

81 - 100 of 113 Posts