ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally came out on friday!!! i picked up a copy at toysr'us and am loving it to death! you can play every season from 01-05. anyone else get it yet?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm thinking of getting it, but most reviews said it's very hard to control the cars in the game. I also don't like the $40 price, I need to wait until this thing drops to $20.

So they also have American tracks and drivers in this game? I though that this was just a Japanese port which only contained Japanese tracks and drivers

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah as far as american drivers its got millen, pfeiffer, petty, and that dude that drives the jasper performance supra. irwindale is the only u.s. track. i think it handles awesome once you get the controls down, you can use ebrake or clutch to initiate drifts which is pretty cool. i went everywhere looking for this game dicker, gamestop and eb had no idea what it was. the guys at drifting.com told me about toysr'us having the hookups so gl at bestbuy.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sweet, so it's $40? *runs to car*

·
Registered
489 Posts
Got my copy! Lots of fun. Not bad as far as realism. Toys R Us and Best Buy had no idea what I was talking about but that's normal I guess.

·
CR.net Supporter
45 Posts
My friend owns a video game store (he's the middle man) I have been playing that game for about 2 years now, it's a great game, the only difference between the japanese version and american, is there aren't any american drivers. Now that drifitng is going worldwide Yukes. Co. of Jp had to include the american driver's.

The hardest part playing JPN 's D1 is figuering out what the judges were saying about my drifting . :?

Does the american version have the same judges as japan's version,
Tsuchiya, Orido, and Suzuki?

You'll have more fun playing with some else. Wish ther was a online version :x

Other than that it's a great game to play, if you have the GT steering wheel, you'll love it more, has real like steering responce. anyway play all day.

What's your favorite map? Car, or driver. Hey, Let's start a D1 chat page :idea:

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
My friend got his from walmart for $20!! I'll have to use my GT wheel with this game!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no the judges suck american idol style, 2 random guys and a sympathetic chick. my favorite car is the gto, seems the easiest to drive with plenty of torque. my favorite courses are nikko, ebisu, and tsukuba(which i could never drift in gt4) daiba kills me every time!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
yea i used to work at a gamestop like 2 months ago and its like a C list title meaning not all stores will get it and it is not reservable in the computer. we used to make generic reservations for those games hoping we would get one for the person but it didnt happen all the time. so if you cant find it thats why. most stores still havent gotten any around my area. so if you can find it somewhere and want it id suggest grabbing it quick.

·
CR.net Supporter
45 Posts
I live in the northern part of jersey and none of the stores mentioned on the chat room has the game in stock. guess i'll have to wait :x

But any hoot, lets post some drifting videos, would like to know whose the best video drifter :)

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
What's your favorite map? Car, or driver.
In the D1GP seasons I usually do best with a full tune s13 onevia. work equip o1's layin it down.

I was hoping the US version of the game would throw in some more tracks too. Im not gettin it just for the cars.

·
CR.net Supporter
45 Posts
Does the us version alow you to win other vehicles besides the vehicles offered through the game? Also do you tune your own vehicles? JPN's version vehicles are all fully tuned, the only thing they allow you to tune is the suspension :roll:

I was only able to unlock full tuned red s15, Options Z33, Suzuki's red Honda Odessy RB 1, White SIFT Ae86, some camera guy's old school skyline B310, and Y.Imamura's White FD3S. That's the furthest I've gone into the game.

Did I mention "Tarzan" is one of the special guest judge. He only show's up when you races against Suzuki's honda. in Odaido. =D>

My favorite maps are Odaido, Sugo, Ebisu, and Bihoku 8)

·
CR.net Supporter
45 Posts
Picked up the us version of D1, and my comment to the game is very similia to japans version, there's two things I don't like about the game. 1. the judges are annoying and the cars don't react as good as Japan's version.

anyway I'll still play the game only because I could understand the judges

1 - 16 of 16 Posts