ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my 2nd full year of driving, tracking on these coilovers. Including a full season of Tx Miata Challenge and Nasa Time Trial (TTA class) Coilovers still working great. They Still look pretty new too. i sprayed a light coating of wd40 on them to prevent corosion and seems to have worked. I still have a track record for TTB class from last year. I set a new TTA class track record at a track this year but it was short lived as the guy i beat returned the favor an hour later in the next session. I'm not mad though as i was 5 sec. behind him at the start of the year. I held the fastest miata lap at another track for a few months before a buddy with an ls1 swap beat me out. I came in second at a NARRA event (the group that puts on the viper cup) against a track full of modded weekend/race prepped vipers and vettes where i was the only miata. The only other car 4cyl. was a 450whp srt-4 race car, luckily he was in another class. I managed to do really well, even winning the championship in TxMC against other miata's that were turbo'd, sc'd, or ls1 swapped and were on coilovers from ast, koni race, tein, etc.... I'm not saying the D2's are better, the AST especially, i would trade for in a heartbeat. But they were good enough that i was able to compete with those guys and not lose due to terrible shocks. Still very happy i chose these.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Be careful with the WD40 though because it will cause grimy build up on where you sprayed.
light coat, clean'em off every few months, re-apply. better than gettin' rusty.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No sponsorship, but they did help me out big when they sent me a free set of springs, even though i chose too high a spring rate at first, against their reccomendation. So that was really cool. (thanks Jerry @ D2 North America) Like i said at the end of the 2010 racing season, I took a gamble on these as i didn't have AST, Tein, or even Stance money for coilovers at the time and couldn't find any reviews from miata owners. I'm glad they worked for me and hopefully they will work for someone else in my situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts