ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this hub for my 90 and all the directions are in Japanese. Has anyone installed this kit before and know if its basically the same thing as a momo hub? One of the few words of Japanese i know is WARNING and it apears quite a few times on the instructions. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
976 Posts
never installed one but the warning are prob. for the airbag..

just disconnect the battery and let it drain for a little while maybe 30 minutes?

should be very similar to installing a momo.

take off the bolts on the back of the steering wheel..

unplug the airbag/horn connector

plug into boss hub and should be 1 center bolt that holds the hub into place i'm assuming.

and all should be good as new no air bag light/horn should work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Back from the dead.

I just got my Daikei Hub and installed it today. Everything was fine except I am not able to use the horn. I pluged everything in... seemed pretty straight forward, but obviously not. I pluged the Orange plug directly in and the clip directly into the horn. I am using a sparco wheel and a sparco horn button. Am I supposed to use one of those silver ring things that came in with the hub?

Lastly, how do you tuck all of the wiring so that you dont hear it clank around when you make u-turns and what not?

thanks!

Andrew

·
Registered
176 Posts
The silver ring is what completes the circuit for the horn, you want that in.

I used velcro or electrical tape to stop the noise. I think it was velcro because i hate the residue that electrical tape leaves.

·
CR.net Supporter
511 Posts
I just bought this hub for my 90 and all the directions are in Japanese. Has anyone installed this kit before and know if its basically the same thing as a momo hub? One of the few words of Japanese i know is WARNING and it apears quite a few times on the instructions. Can anyone help me out?
Hopefully this won't be too much of an issue when my Daikei arrives.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
i have a sparco wheel with a daikei hub boss.

the silver ring goes on the back of the wheel and you press-fit the horn button through the front. i had to use a box cutter to shave the ramped detents on the horn a LITTLE at a time until it would press into the hole/ring on the back. the d-shaped spring on the back of the hornbutton makes contact with the silver ring on the back to ground the horn circuit.

·
CR.net Supporter
511 Posts
Just got my Daikei today.
Going to instal it today with a Personal wheel/Mazdaspeed horn button, given to me from a buddy stationed in Okinawa. The horn button comes from his wrecked turbo II.

Looking forward to the end results. :wink:

·
Registered
500 Posts
the horn really isn't very difficult to hookup...just make sure to complete the circuit...wiring it up also depends on the actual horn buttong you are using...some have the ground built into the side of the horn button while others have actual prongs that need to be connected....

·
CR.net Supporter
511 Posts
the horn really isn't very difficult to hookup...just make sure to complete the circuit...wiring it up also depends on the actual horn buttong you are using...some have the ground built into the side of the horn button while others have actual prongs that need to be connected....
The ground to this horn is a spring. The horn itself snaps just perfectly into one of the two given rings.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The ground to this horn is a spring. The horn itself snaps just perfectly into one of the two given rings.
i am not sure if you are asking for help/info.....but if you are, a couple of pictures of the back would be helpful...

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
The Sparco steering wheels are different if I remember correctly. You need to connect a ground from the adapter hub up to the horn button. They give you a shim with an electirical tab that you can bolt between the adapter and the wheel if I remember correctly. One end of your ground wire goes to this shim. The other end of the ground wire goes to the horn button.

·
CR.net Supporter
511 Posts
i am not sure if you are asking for help/info.....but if you are, a couple of pictures of the back would be helpful...
Naw... just posting.
Hard to do anything with a 7month old on my lap. :wink:

Anyhow, just finished the instal. Went easier than I thought, only 45mins.
The hardest part was getting the damn wheel off!!!!
Just like Sid stated.... had to pull the bastage like a savage. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts