ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to reach out to see if anyone has any experience with dash cams that can be permanently mounted in such a way that I can leave it up and not have to worry about someone seeing it and trying to steal it if the top is left down.

I don't make it a habit of leaving the top down when I park but sometimes I do so it would be nice to have a dashcam that isn't just suctioned to the window for everyone to see.

I was looking at the ones that integrate with the car's rearview mirror but they have mixed reviews.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have just a small YI dashcam that mounts semi-permanently with a 3M double sided tape. Mines mounted directly behind the rearview mirror then the cable run along the top and down the side of the windshield. pretty well hidden from the inside.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh that looks to be pretty small. Thx for the info.

I mean this is relative too... depends on where you park w/ the top down too I suppose so using good judgement on my part factors in here.

I was checking out the Blackvue DR650S-1CH but that thing is pricey so I appreciate the other cheaper option.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Maybe use a back-up camera (the kind of camera you buy and install on the car no matter what make you drive), and mount it in the front "grille"/intake.
Not a "dash"cam, but same purpose.

Max

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe use a back-up camera (the kind of camera you buy and install on the car no matter what make you drive), and mount it in the front "grille"/intake.
Not a "dash"cam, but same purpose.

Max
Oh that's a good idea. That didn't occur to me. Thx for the idea!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, yeah of course. I recently picked up a raspberry pi so I've been trying to learn more about them so perhaps this is a good time to try out my skills.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts