ClubRoadster.net banner

341 - 360 of 370 Posts

·
100% Jakedashian
6,719 Posts
I did a turbo build with stock ECU just like everybody else did before Megasquirts came around. That led to some fun times on the big-boy forum. Gonna remind myself to read all the way through your thread later today. S'good stuff.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I did a turbo build with stock ECU just like everybody else did before Megasquirts came around. That led to some fun times on the big-boy forum. Gonna remind myself to read all the way through your thread later today. S'good stuff.
Yea I know that's possible with little boost and controlling fuel. 99' engines are a little too spendy for me to risk it.
If you're talking about going through my thread I'll warn you it's boring AF.LOL.

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Been awhile....

threw some 01-05 fuel injectors in my car, got it running decent. Need to mess with PW settings more.

Still have a lingering ground issue though that's pretty annoying. Probably related to my wideband or TPS.

My throttle position fluctuates randomly at idle after driving awhile (heat related?) when I look at tunerstudio. If I turn my headlights on when I'm experiencing the issue, it goes away or temporarily fixes it lol

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
holy ****.....call me an idiot all you want guys, but I think i fixed my car.

I Cleaned all the ground connections that I was aware of, and I think that did the trick. Throttle Position% in Tunerstudio no longer fluctuates all over the place intermittently. That bullshit plagued my car for years and I was totally stumped about it. Now my car can finally be tuned properly!!!

:D

MATG?? Tempting

·
Registered
629 Posts
Try putting some liquid copper on the grounds (I don't recall the actual name of the product). It helps prevent rusting and gives a better connection.

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
found out my tires on my wheels are 10 years old :D

one of them took a **** when i was trying to flip them. So have some new ones on the way. 225/50/r15 aren't easy to find these days. Car in the rear has a 15x6 stock miata wheel on one side, 15x11 wheel on the other side :)

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
i feel like i'm the only one running 225/50r15 these days....lol

Maybe eventually I'll move up to 235 or 245

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
decided to install this thing. its definitely quieter as opposed to open stacks, and I'm thinking I might be able to get better performance if i route the intake somewhere good and bring in some colder air

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
They may not sound as good but my understanding a plenum setup it almost always superior, from a performance aspect. It looks sweet though! :icon_cheers:

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
removed the flipup headlight assemblies altogether. Now much more room.

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
Wow, glad you're still kicking it with this ride!! That plenum looks trick!
it's a shitty designed OBX plenum but i think it will help a lot with intake air temps

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
missed the open throttle sound, plus i got some new better designed stacks so i wanted to try them as well ;)

341 - 360 of 370 Posts