ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Deacons $500 barn find build.

Story on acquiring my 95 Miata goes as such...
Back in August of 2013 my girlfriend decided it would be a good idea if we moved to her home town of Ely, Nevada. I being the pussy whipped gent I was decided sure, why the hell not? What have I got to lose right? Big mistake, or was it? Anyway I applied for a job out here at a Caterpillar Parts Sales Position and got it(her dad is my boss so it was a given id get the job). Anyway this is boring so on to how I found my Miata. Me and my Girlfriend were driving around looking for property to buy/build a home on and spotted the familiar shape of a Miata out of the corner of my eye. I immediately stopped my truck and went to the guys door and offered him some cash for it that he kindly declined. See, he had big plans for the car. It was destine to race in a local race called the "silver state classic challenge"; a race consisting of many different speed classes, the coarse is 90 miles or so and there is no speed limit... Well after 2 months of not hearing from him he called me and said he would take my offer on the car as he was moving to Reno and could not take it with him. This is my first Miata but not my first race/performance car. Anyway that is the story of how I paid $500 bucks for a running, driving, fully caged Miata...

Now, on to the fun stuff like horrible cellphone quality pictures till I get my computer set up at home...

Found this gem hidden in the car along with some other goodies!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a little update of what I have been up to...

Letting her out in the sun before she goes under the knife...

Pulling the motor to freshen it up with a full reseal, clean the head and install new valve seals, plugs, wires, water pump, and t-belt kit...

Scored a pretty much brand new Exedy Clutch!

Not sure how I feel about this... :/ thoughts? its the diff housing...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for all the love CR! This is what ive been up to the last week or so...

Built myself a work bench!

Tore the motor down, ive decided im going to build it for boost!!!

And ordered me some new wheels!!!
16x8 +20 XXR 521's and gonna slap some 205/40/16's on there soon enough!

Muteki SR48 Black Open End Lug Nuts 12x1.5

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Wow. Just stumbled across this thread. Great deal you got on that miata! I'm totally jealous. Subbed because you seem to be making quick progress. Any info on the manifold and whats being done to the engine? I see you like to post pics, but you include very little info. This is not instagram! Give us details :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Manifold is a custom, fully Tig welded ram horn style manifold.

I'm sorry for not alot of details as I don't currently try have Internet at my house(Friday hopefully I will) and it's a pain in the ass to post with my phone ha ha ha... I'll update the thread with some text and what not ASAP! Thanks for all the kind words so far!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Re: Deacons $500 barn find build.

that is the story of how I paid $500 bucks for a running, driving, fully caged Miata...

WHHAAATT!!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!???!!!

looks good. keep up the good work. sub'd for progress.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got around to cleaning the bay a little before putting the motor back in. Next is going to be an attempt to re-loom/tuck the wiring harness to clean it up for just the basic needs for a track car. Debating doing a 14 circuit painless wiring kit but still undecided if I want to do it on this chassis or another miata shell. also trying to decide if I want to cut out the factory radiator support and fender wells from the headlight mount forward and just leave the factory bumper support and frame rails as you can see the damage to the passenger side. Plans for the car are going to be drift and some scca/autocross stuff. nothing to crazy.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts