ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go through the links in the JDM wheel sticky every week or two. ICB has a set that's caught my eye, but the folks there don't seem to be real keen on emailing me back.
Any hookups with this place? Perhaps you have words of wisdom?

Give it to me, baby!

·
Registered
765 Posts
First, I dont know anything specific about the vendor in question.

However, in general, I would be very cautious when buying used "JDM" wheels from ANY vendor. Be VERY specific with your questions.
Try to get a sense of their honesty...if possible.

Some vendors (like RBMotoring for example)tend to stretch the truth with regard to the condition of used wheels. They often more or less say whatever it takes to make the sale.
When "very nice condition" turns out to be curb rashed you can end up spending an extra $300-600 for refurb on "very nice condition" wheels. ;) Good luck with your quest.

·
4,436 Posts
Jux - first rule of thumb is call first - email later. If you are really interested then give them a call. If you are leaving voicemails with no retuns, then I would pass.

I pass this along to you as I had the same thing with Takumi Project - I picked up the phone and made the call just in time to grab a set of wheels I had been searching for. Worked out great.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
However, in general, I would be very cautious when buying used "JDM" wheels from ANY vendor. Be VERY specific with your questions.
Try to get a sense of their honesty...if possible.

Some vendors (like RBMotoring for example)tend to stretch the truth with regard to the condition of used wheels. They often more or less say whatever it takes to make the sale.
When "very nice condition" turns out to be curb rashed you can end up spending an extra $300-600 for refurb on "very nice condition" wheels. ;) Good luck with your quest.
When in Oregon a couple of weeks ago, I actually ran across another set of the same type of wheel they'd sold! Condition was exactly as portrayed in the pictures.
The owner, who had them on a silver Civic hatch and worked at an outdoor activity store, was pretty entertained I could actually identify them.

Beside the point, but a fun story.

Thanks for the advice, guys! I'll give ICB a call to see what further info I can get on the wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts