ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a 93 miata base that im wanting to put coilovers on and also add 16" zero offset wheels at some point as well.

my car is currently dropped 2" on cut springs

i need feedback on which of these i should do to my car first. i dont have the money right now to do both so i'm gonna pick between one or the other for now.

Attachments

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Coilovers x 1million

Zero offset wheels will just **** up your fenders without coilovers. Cut springs are too soft to keep the wheel out of the fender.

Start doing things right by fixing what is done wrong.

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the feedback. i got the car with cut springs on it...idk whether theyre the stock springs or aftermarket ones, but it's bouncy lol.

should i go with a set of megan racing coilovers?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
coilovers.
cut springs are a deathtrap
Coilovers x 1million

Zero offset wheels will just **** up your fenders without coilovers. Cut springs are too soft to keep the wheel out of the fender.

Start doing things right by fixing what is done wrong.
I 3rd the motion. All in favor say aye.

thanks for the feedback. i got the car with cut springs on it...idk whether theyre the stock springs or aftermarket ones, but it's bouncy lol.

should i go with a set of megan racing coilovers?
Nay!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Spend most of your money on Coilovers then save for nice wheels like something light. Unless you are going for the flush bullshit like all of the other sheep.

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it would be for daily driving, im just tired of the bounciness of the cut springs

·
Supporting Member
1,755 Posts
Depends on how low you want to go. Megans are about the best ride quality for price. I have been in multiple cars with them and they ride amazingly for the prices.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I think you'd have a heck of a time fitting 16" 0 offsets on an NA. In fact I don't think I've seen it done. Stick with 15's!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the reason i was thinking 16's is because i had 15" rims before the 17's i currently have and i could barely make it over speed bumps without scraping...

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Megan EZ-streets all day. They ride great. Can be soft enough for pussies, and when it's cranked full stiff it's nice and firm. Best bang for the buck I have experienced on a height adjustable suspension.

·
Registered
634 Posts
the reason i was thinking 16's is because i had 15" rims before the 17's i currently have and i could barely make it over speed bumps without scraping...
Wheel diameter =/= overall diameter.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Looks like 18's are in order.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Keep in mind a 205 on 16x8 is not the same as 205 on 15x8 as far as ride quality. I've thought of dailying on 13"s for this reason. I'm currently on 205-15"s with 12/8k and I'm satisfied with the RQ.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts