ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a 93 miata base that im wanting to put coilovers on and also add 16" zero offset wheels at some point as well.

my car is currently dropped 2" on cut springs

i need feedback on which of these i should do to my car first. i dont have the money right now to do both so i'm gonna pick between one or the other for now.

Attachments

·
brontosaurus
10,440 Posts
Coilovers x 1million

Zero offset wheels will just **** up your fenders without coilovers. Cut springs are too soft to keep the wheel out of the fender.

Start doing things right by fixing what is done wrong.

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the feedback. i got the car with cut springs on it...idk whether theyre the stock springs or aftermarket ones, but it's bouncy lol.

should i go with a set of megan racing coilovers?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
coilovers.
cut springs are a deathtrap
Coilovers x 1million

Zero offset wheels will just **** up your fenders without coilovers. Cut springs are too soft to keep the wheel out of the fender.

Start doing things right by fixing what is done wrong.
I 3rd the motion. All in favor say aye.

thanks for the feedback. i got the car with cut springs on it...idk whether theyre the stock springs or aftermarket ones, but it's bouncy lol.

should i go with a set of megan racing coilovers?
Nay!

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if i did get zero offset wheels i would obviously roll or pull the fenders

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it would be for daily driving, im just tired of the bounciness of the cut springs

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the reason i was thinking 16's is because i had 15" rims before the 17's i currently have and i could barely make it over speed bumps without scraping...

·
brontosaurus
10,440 Posts
Megan EZ-streets all day. They ride great. Can be soft enough for pussies, and when it's cranked full stiff it's nice and firm. Best bang for the buck I have experienced on a height adjustable suspension.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,632 Posts
the reason i was thinking 16's is because i had 15" rims before the 17's i currently have and i could barely make it over speed bumps without scraping...
Looks like 18's are in order.

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you are correct. i wish i could afford a white hardtop though :/

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Keep in mind a 205 on 16x8 is not the same as 205 on 15x8 as far as ride quality. I've thought of dailying on 13"s for this reason. I'm currently on 205-15"s with 12/8k and I'm satisfied with the RQ.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.