ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, so I never really had the urge to create a build thread since most forums are flooded with thread after thread of bitchin' rides. But I like to see where my car's been and where it's going so having a thread will be a fun way of keepin it all together

My ride was dubbed Leatherface since it was rocking the oem leather bra when I first purchased it:

As you can tell from this pic the bra didn't fit well and also interfered when I installed an r-lip. I still have an odd urge to throw the bra back on and make it work with a lip so that may happen soon

Aaaaaaanyways, here's how it sits as of a couple weeks ago

Current modifications include:
OEM Hardtop + Rennenmetal brackets
Raceland coilovers (hold your tongue)
14" BBS Basketweave wheels
Foamectomy
Front R-lip Rep

Thanks for stoppin by and keep an eye out cause I have some good stuff sitting in my garage :D

·
Administrator
15,561 Posts
Re: Leatherface

I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a thread about Leatherface24.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a thread about Leatherface24.
haha sorry to let you down. I know this car will never fill that Leatherface24 shaped hole in your heart

You painted perfectly nice oem bbs wheels. Blasphemy.
Plastidip! They have nice silver oe paint underneath that i'm reverting back to very soon haha

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Here's the Bossfrog Clearview that will hopefully get thrown in soon!

Fresh silver powdercoat done by Olympic Coatings:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Lookin' nice, bronze rollbar would've been neat.
I agree, it was plastidipped the same color as my wheels but I bitched out and couldn't handle the swag. So i'm going with silver and taking the wheels back to the silver

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

UPDATE: So I impulse bought a set of the chrome pepboys/ksource/vatozone mirrors on amazon for $20 a few months ago and never had the guts to install them because it required drilling new holes. Today I got creative and found a way around it leaving me with this:

I think they look pretty good for what it's worth. They may not be runabouts but they're cheap and with a small mod fit like a glove

·
Registered
270 Posts

UPDATE: So I impulse bought a set of the chrome pepboys/ksource/vatozone mirrors on amazon for $20 a few months ago and never had the guts to install them because it required drilling new holes. Today I got creative and found a way around it leaving me with this:

I think they look pretty good for what it's worth. They may not be runabouts but they're cheap and with a small mod fit like a glove
Dude your hair is Justine Bieber Sexxy!!!!:smile11:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

So today I got around to installing the rs door releases

Now I just need to decide if I wanna do custom door cards or possibly find/create something to cover the opening that is left. Also gonna try to tinker with it and make it possible to use the lock from the inside which is currently disconnected.

And KG Works TSI's arriving tomorrow from Beatles!

·
Registered
4,718 Posts

You stole my name for this car and there are no updates. I am upset. Progress pics NOW lol

·
Registered
416 Posts
Dat sunbeam tiger doe

1 - 20 of 39 Posts