1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
I'm Manuel from italy
I've bought a carb kit from UK.
I'll use this thread to share information and tips about my installation.
Here there's the kit

I've got also the fuel pressure regulator, RAMAIR filters and linkage for extra air (I don't know the correct english for) to install in the interior.
I'm going to clean all the kit and next i'll revise all the two 2 barrel carburetors.
Bye,
Mauel

·
Registered
716 Posts
Very cool. Will you dyno it afterwards? I'd like to know how the carbs do power-wise compared to fuel injection.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Wow, flashback to my Fiat 124 days~! On the one hand, trying to keep them running right was often an impossible challenge. But...the sound was great and still resonates in my memory. Good luck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've no free time but i've restored all the first carb with the gaskts and internal parts
here there are some pics

·
Registered
760 Posts
very nice my italian neighbour!
i wish something like this would be still possible to run in germany, but it's not tüv legal to put carbs on a fuel injected engine anymore.
what diameter do the carbs have and how are you willing to attach the throttlecable linkage?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Watching with interest. Have you had any thoughts on how you are going to manage your ignition yet?
I'll manage the timing with a standalone ECU wich controls only the timing

very nice my italian neighbour!
i wish something like this would be still possible to run in germany, but it's not tüv legal to put carbs on a fuel injected engine anymore.
what diameter do the carbs have and how are you willing to attach the throttlecable linkage?
It's illegal also in italy (we have very strictl laws on car modifications) but this car will be use only for track days, not as a daily car.
The carbs are 40 mm of diameter with 30 mm venturi
I've got a bracket for the throttlecable linkage ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Finally I've restored all the 2 carbs and I'm waiting 2 minor pieces to install it!
See you soon!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good luck with keeping the Delordos tuned. I may be new here but if you look at my Newb Intro you will see I have A ton of experience. Those carbs are the hardest to keep tuned. On my Eunos I started out with them and quickly swapped them for Solex/ Mikunis, big improvement. We then added a turbo chamber, td04s, intercooler, 40mm wg ect.

Best of luck, look forward to the update.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a lil bit update
I have no time to work on my miata :(
Today i've finally removed the OEM intake manifold and made a fitting test for the carbs
probably within the end of july i'll start and tune the car

Currently I've start to design an airbox (based on calculation obviously)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lil update
Yesterday with some have i've tried to start the car and it...

WORKS and with a great sound!
Today i'll post some vids ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts