ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 525 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Baby ass dsm T25 turbo (-3an oil feed and -10 oil drain), 550cc injectors, DIYPNP, innovate MTXL wideband, walbro 190, lowered the rad about 3" to fit 2.5" over the rad piping, IAT tucked nicely under the cold side piping, ACT 6 puck w/ HD pressure plate. Did front main, rear main, both cam seals, water pump, and timing belt with pullies.

Spent the last two days assembling all of it.

Gonna start it for the first time tomorrow.

Here are some super gay instagram photos and some gay regular photos.

the DIYPNP that I built, took me a really long time to get the balls to solder this puppy.

according to mr brain my TPS is wired to the wrong ground, I guess we'll find out hahaha.

Old school HKS sequential BOV that I got for free, kid thought it wasn't holding boost but he didn't realize that it wasn't seating all the way on his flange. score for me.

Resurfaced flywheel, boring.

ACT 6 puck, not so boring.

HD pressure plate, looks pretty.

4 ply silicon reducers and 4 t-bolt clamps that cost me 87 doll hairs. WTF.

Our elderly neighbor having a few beers.

My dad checkin it out, he has no idea what he's doing but took the day off to help with what he could.

Not exactly sure how much power it's gonna throw down @13psi, but the goal is safe tune!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Awesome man, good luck with the start up.
Love these DIY Turbo builds, prob going a similar route next year.
What manifold did you go with?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey man, I love throwback neighbors who appreciates car work. I hope it goes smoothly so that everyone can gaze at you on the strip >;D

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Colin, it's the ebay 16g manifold and downpipe, down pipe is really snug and was a pain in the ass to get it to seat all the way.

datlaziboi, lol i hope so too thanks. gonna need to paint it before i take it for a cruise on the strip.

·
CSTG
3,229 Posts
Plan on buying a new manifold within a week or two. Turbo setups are not cheap for a reason. The cheap ones don't last.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah curly I know. I'm prepared to spend a whole 80 dollars on a new mani. Lol thanks everyone.

For anyone wondering its a rebuilt garret t25 that came off a 2g eclipse. Do not confuse it with a 14b or a 16g.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, greddygalant we'll see how i like it i might end up making the switch to a 16g orrrrr complete this 50 trim external set up i have. Not quite sure yet.

Anyway, I was almost ready to connect the oil lines and start it up then totally forgot to reclock the turbo and it was a pain in the ass to do alone.

Another step closer.

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
Hilarious that the cheap downpipes work better with the heater hoses than the BEGI stuff. I suppose separated gases and all that jazz, but blech.

edit: get some reflective tape for that **** or you're going to be replacing a heater hose along with that manifold..
edi2: wow, that manifold looks like a joy to install compared to the BEGI log.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yooo bronto, yeah i'm waiting on some heater hose sleeves to come in and i'm going to use an old license plate to make a temporary "heat shield" if you will.

the manifold wasn't too hard to install, the down pipe was a pain in the butt especially the bolt under the wastegate side.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yooo mannnn, thanks for chiming in.
I'm going to try and tune it myself, with help from more knowledgable people of course.

If it sucks ass then I'll get it dyno tuned.

How did you tune?

·
Surgeon General
2,924 Posts
In a nutshell, I tuned mine myself with a basemap and the VE Analyze Live. Once the tune got to the point where it was mostly driveable, I tweaked it from there and got it to run smoother. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions. I'm no master, but hey, my car hasn't blown up yet! :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice build so far, damn that is a baby snail, lol. What's your hp goal?

1 - 20 of 525 Posts