ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of us wash our beloved Miata monthly/weekly…. If you are insane daily -.-" but had anybody taken their miata to a professional detailer for a full detailing (exterior)

I took it to Jordan Mo detailing a few days ago
(Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/JordanMoDetailing )…… and I am very impressed by the end result…. story of mia...I park it outside at my driveway next to a grill… (asian mom cook outside in the yard not in the kitchen -.-") so my miata is covered in Lamp black … (I call it cooking oil…or w.e u call it) …. and I cant get it off by washing it myself…then….. well a picture speaks a thousand word…. Check it out,

I strongly recommend this guy if you are around the sgv 626/323 area and want to get ur car shiny as hell, he get things done professionally, and really put in the effort to get ur baby shiny, aside from that he is a really chill guy

ps...Feels good to drive around feeling and looking clean :D

·
Registered
568 Posts
very very nice.. Looking to get mine as black and as shiny as yours for the Krispy Kreme meet tomorrow night!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I detail cars on the side. It's not hard you just have to know the process.

wash Engine bay
wash wheels and tires
degrease exhaust tips
wash car
clay bar
remove scratches
remove swirls
polish
dress tires and motor
wax car
dress any trim or raw plastic
dress the top
clean all glass

vacuum interor
use carpet extractor
clean all interior plastic
dress interior

use glass sealant
remove wax
remove sealant

done.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Had him detailed my car for wekfest!! it was amazing!! he brought back my browning 1 stage white dull paint job that came with the car to a reflective white. i didnt even know 1 stage paint job can still get a shine!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Generally speaking you need to clay bar your car about twice a year. But this can all vary depending on the current shape of your paint and how you treat it. Obviously if you park your car outside, it's going to need more care than a garaged car.

If you guys need a quote just shoot me a message on my page. Generally speaking, Miata's start at $100, depending on what color and how old and the condition of your paint.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Very nice!!

What's a good swirl/scratch remover? I've tried Nu Finish "guaranteed" stuff, but doesn't work too well. I'd say their no-wash once a year car polish works a little better than their scratch doctor. Any suggestion Nate?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Very nice!!

What's a good swirl/scratch remover? I've tried Nu Finish "guaranteed" stuff, but doesn't work too well. I'd say their no-wash once a year car polish works a little better than their scratch doctor. Any suggestion Nate?
Some scratches are unremoval if it's too deep.
The light ones can be buffed out with a strong compound.
Some medium scratches can be wetsanded out with very high sandpaper and followed by a buff afterwards.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a week had past... still shinnnnnnnny :D rove it.....
im sure a lotta drivers here knows how to detail cars, but for the others who doesnt know and/or lazy about detailing... well here is our answer....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why won't you give the price again of the detail job?

Did he give you a reduced price in exchange for your posting on Club Roadster?

As a fellow Miata owner, I thought you wanted to help other Miata owners - I can't find one reason why you'd ever want to withhold disclosing the price you paid.

Obviously, prices depend on the condition of the miata, what the client requires, all that... But, I'm here to help a fellow enthusiast.

Who are you here to help?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
that cooking grease would've came off easily with a decent clay bar kit.

That mirror finish looks like the clear coat's been cut. Just so you know, that means a physical layer was removed, thus can only be done so many times before you no longer have clearcoat. I'm guessing your detailer didn't have or use one these? http://www.autopia-carcare.com/paint-thickness-gauge.html

I wouldn't take let anyone take a high cutting pad to my clearcoat w/o one of those. But a light cutting pad with a dual action orbital should be fine.

All that aside, do you have any idea what products he used throughout? I'm sure some people are curious. Any idea if it was finished with carnuaba or synthetic sealant?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Please stop parking next to a grill...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts