ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my GReddy Manifold is cracked, and a replacement from ETD (only company that makes replacements) is gonna cost me around 450.

I just had fun driving my friend's Mecha tuned 86 and was starting to ponder going N/A.

Why?

cleaner. simpler. he runs a 4.7:1 final and that definitely made the car fun.

the GReddy kit works and is nice but it clutters the engine bay and makes things complicated. I'm at a 'tipping point' where if I decide to get the ETD manifold, i'll be commited to being turbo'd, and eManage, bigger fuel pump 12psi, here we come.

So i'm pondering selling the GReddy kit, swapping in a 6spd (already have the 4.3:1 final) to raise the FD and going N/A. Only problem is that the car came turbo'd and so I'd have to source the parts to get it N/A.

But what a PITA the swap would be! It's my DD, so I can't afford mucho downtime. Thoughts guys?

·
Registered
720 Posts
find a guy whos willing to swap you his na parts locally and make a deal with him

(i live near you and id consider doing that :) ) just had a low mileage 1.6 put in begining of year

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
I decided the same thing awhile ago... and I sold my honda and my JRSC to do a NA build. I got so tired of a hack for this and a hack for that, and screwing with the @#$% belt all the @#$% time. FI was fun, it just got old.

I will still have N20 though :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
yeah im sure you would have a few people interested in swaping out i would even take a weekend off and drive up there just to drive down as a new red turbo miata

·
Registered
233 Posts
Why not have one of both? :) I got a 91 turbo and a 97 NA. I love the kick of a turbo, it just drives and accelerates so nicely. NA is good too, but when I drive the twisties with my brother in his S2000, I just can't keep up. The nice thing about the turbo is that the car will ALWAYS accelerate, whether it be keeping up or passing cars, the NA just doesn't do that for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts