ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Professional Lurker
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting in here because I value CR's opinion. I sold my Miata a while back but this forum is still one of my favorite.

I was torn between wheel color of Black and Gold for my Basalt Black 996T.

Here's what she looked like before:

IMG_3974 by HelthInsXpert, on Flickr

I think Black on Black is a little played out and was hoping for something like this:

automotive_connoisseur_execstudio_hre_wheels_monoblock_p40s_ferrari_italia_458_black_gold_01 by HelthInsXpert, on Flickr

The shop (Wheel Wizard in Atlanta) came up with a pretty good match, emailed me the pic of the color and went to work. Well a week later when I picked up the wheels I have this:

Untitled by HelthInsXpert, on Flickr

Untitled by HelthInsXpert, on Flickr

They said the color got about two shades darker when they powdercoated the clear. It's really not at all what I was going for, but my question to you fitment and color combo conscious enthusiats is..............do I keep it or ask them to get it right?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I don't dig the color. Looks too copper. I would get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I like the copper. But not as much as I like the gold. Have them fix it. But hopefully you will be given a discount or something g on your secOnd attempt

·
Registered
645 Posts
Wrap them in matching leather as your interior... Like a boss.

But seriously the rim style looks great maybe space them out a little and do a exotic color

·
Banned
607 Posts

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Nice car. As far as the color, I'd take it back & get what you wanted. It's entirely too copper, gold would look so much better.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I dig the "brownness" of them becasue it reminds me of the total badass Rauh Welt designs. But I think what throws it off is the stance of the vehicle and the tire sizes...and the wheels design. Like stated above, I lve the idea, I don't like the outcome.

Reference for the badass portion of my post:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Edit: Those 996's have a fine line with styling. You either make them a total freaking monster and look like a time attack car with the stance and wheels choice, or you leave it stock and classy. anywhere in between and the motives get confused. Right now, your car is saying "What am I?"

Not being a meanie, that's my opinion. I liked it better on stock twists.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The color is a bit too rustic. Almost Orange. And the spokes are too thin. Turbos 911 are brutes and need brutish wheels with fatter spokes. Just my opinion. If you like it, it's all that matters.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts