ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of the miata rear ends have a breather? I recently got a kaaz put in and the guy that did it used rtv to seel it up with. Worked fine for 2-3 weeks but now on long trips 30min- hr long drives it starts leaking. It's building up alot of pressure and pushing it through the rtv. so is there a breather?

·
Registered
459 Posts
but how many cars really have breathers on differentials of all things? why would you make it? and if its made, why would you run it?

of all inventions such as pcv is to stop oil from hitting the floor. even race events or drag strips requires sorts of devices to catch such spilled chemicals.

i guess what i'm trying to get at is, don't mickey mouse a device that just masks a problem. as with the situation with the leaking diff. if its due to poor installation quality, fix the problem and address the leaking seal/s. cars devices requires car mechanics approach. not trying to knock on motorcycles or anything. but maybe its o.k. for motorcycles to loose some lube thru the chains...etc. its understandable, and a tolerable amount. but on a car...it wouldn't make sense to invest money in a quick-fix rather than investing in the actual cure.

sure, for someone with a leaking waterpump its cheaper to keep topping off with water. but it doesn't fix anything. and it will eventually catch up tp u.

·
Registered
459 Posts
i'm sorry if i'm coming off like i'm trying to attack an idea. but maybe if i can really understand its use and benefit, i hope this isn't just something where fixing the problem right should be its real answer...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts