ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just a quick question,

I've got the option to buy a very low mileage '00 1.8 wreckage. But the car is a UK RHD model.
I'm wondering if I will have problems swapping this RHD powerplant into my LHD 1.6 car.

Thanks,

Opgedronken

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm you can't use its computer because of the start disconnection (or whatever that's called here). So I'll have to use the 1.6 ecu.
I can't really imagine the accesoires being the other way around, but maybe the intake or exhaust are different?

·
Za Lord
943 Posts
You'll have to use an nl 1.8 ECU then. 1.6 ECU won't run a 1.8. Intake and exhaust will be different, but don't buy one that doesn't have the maf. You will likely need to get a header and exhaust parts.

·
Supporting Mamber
3,672 Posts
You'll have to use an nl 1.8 ECU then. 1.6 ECU won't run a 1.8. Intake and exhaust will be different, but don't buy one that doesn't have the maf. You will likely need to get a header and exhaust parts.
You are very wrong my man. Wiring harness is different between the two models. He will use the 1.6 ecu to run it.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
if you can swap the ECU from the car, then do it. it has a higher rev limit. Otherwise, you should be fine. And no the exhaust and intake are not different, because that would require a new head (and crank). IF anything the exhaust and intake are the only things you know are going to be in the same location.

·
Za Lord
943 Posts
Ok ok ok. Just wanted to clear this up a bit (so people don't look at this and say damn that uf guy is retarded...smh).

Somewhere in posting, I seemed to forget that he was going to be getting an engine from a specific uk car. I began to think he was getting one from eBay. Hence I forgot about the lhd/rhd thing.

You guys are correct, the exhaust and intake will be in the same place. However, what I was speaking to was that as far as I know, the 1.8 header/down pipe won't bolt up to a 1.6 exhaust. Also, this is painfully obvious, I was unaware that you can run a 1.8 off of a 1.6 computer.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Ok ok ok. Just wanted to clear this up a bit (so people don't look at this and say damn that uf guy is retarded...smh).

Somewhere in posting, I seemed to forget that he was going to be getting an engine from a specific uk car. I began to think he was getting one from eBay. Hence I forgot about the lhd/rhd thing.

You guys are correct, the exhaust and intake will be in the same place. However, what I was speaking to was that as far as I know, the 1.8 header/down pipe won't bolt up to a 1.6 exhaust. Also, this is painfully obvious, I was unaware that you can run a 1.8 off of a 1.6 computer.
he can swap to NA 1.8 header and all will be good on that side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts