ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got myself 96 torsen II rear end and im in the process of putting in mmr diff mounts, but im having one well of a time removing the old ones. anyone have tips in removing the stock rubber mounts ?

I've drilled out most of the rubber and got the center out, but im having one well of a time getting the metal collar out.

Scott

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
heh, nevermind i figured it out.

i wound up using my sledge hammer and a rock chisel to smack them both out from the backside.

just in case someone needs this information later. ill post some photos.

old garbage sidd mount

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
LOL that last pic!

That's how I feel after I have conquered something that was being a bitch on the car. I usually give a loud "**** YOU!" as well, followed by a loud, manly grunt.

Tell me more about the MNR mounts.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol yea, those fucking stock mounts were such a pain in the ass to get out. everyone told me to torch them out, but i didnt wanna get burnt rubber all over the place. so the rubber shavings are mostly from me drilling out the center piece first.

after i got the torsen rear end i decided that i might as well do the mounts since it was off the car already.

i guess mmr makes alot of mounts for rx-7s and other cars. they make motor mounts as well.

the diff mounts along with their motor mounts are made out of solid delrin. not aluminum and they are one solid piece that has to be pounded into the existing spots.

maybe ill do a write up for miata.net about them. they supposedly increase NVH a little, but also help for smoother shifts.

almost forgot, heres the website
http://mmr-direct.com/

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts