ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone.
names james im 19 and i have lurked here for a long time now and beatles keeps asking me to make a build thread so i decided today was the day.

Welcome to quite possibly the slowest build thread you will ever see. Unless magic happens and i start making real money. anyways hers my car(if i can upload images right still lol)

so far ive mostly done maintenance stuff like replacing clutch,and almost everything else related to the clutch functioning, had my oil changed by a mechanic off the clock and he decided it would be cool not to tighten my oil filter down so it came undone while i was driving resulting in a blown motor. replaced that real cheap ($350 already had motor) with my coilover money:cry2:, i replaced my breaks in the rear, because the front looked brand new though,and a hella lot more stuff im forgetting anyways here she is

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7277/7077641467_fe8fd95595_m.jpg(yes i know rims are rice:fp:)

then i got some cool points with my exhaust/steering wheel ps yes my horn button is in where my eye vent goes i couldn't figure out any other way to do it

had a spare bumper and cut it up
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7097/6931512610_2820a79e1a_m.jpg

did some bodywork(first time i feel like it came out better than expected)

then i used my awesome rattle can abilities(real pain is coming when i can get some money coming in right now i spend my paycheck on insurance and gas for the most part)
went from this
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5344/7077600981_25dfc84337_m.jpg

to finally this
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5151/7077607599_cc6bc719b2_m.jpg

please forgive any misspelled words and not very great grammer, englis was defiantly not my strong suit but im trying to improve.

·
Murse Magnet
7,798 Posts
Dude. Nice so far. What about all that stuff of photography you talk to me about. Why can you not get bigger pictures and more. Show us your hardtop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Use Firefox as your Browser, it will show you misspellings and suggest the correct one. I have a couple of college degrees and can't spell worth a flip, Firefox is my "Main Man!"

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude. Nice so far. What about all that stuff of photography you talk to me about. Why can you not get bigger pictures and more. Show us your hardtop.
i can edit them on ps but idk what the hell to do after that lol. hard top pics later im headding to work in a few.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Use Firefox as your Browser, it will show you misspellings and suggest the correct one. I have a couple of college degrees and can't spell worth a flip, Firefox is my "Main Man!"
i do for the most part but my grandma ties up the computer most of the time so i might have to use my phone for small updates

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i quit my job because the manager was an idiot so i havent maud any progress to my car lately but im pritty sure im getting another job thursday so wish me luck.

on a side note,my springs/shocks are super fatigued, if not blown. So im planning on going full retard and getting some ricelands for my graduation gift instead of the laptop i was originally asking for. Unless i find something less shitty for = price thats what im going to be stuck with unfortunately. i have absolutely no money or else i would pitch in with them to get something nicer, but hey **** happens.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know never again, but my grandparents were trying to help me out. I was beyond ridiculously busy with work and stuff so they said that they were going to get the oil changed for me , and they were going to pay for it. How could i say no to that? :fp: since then i have found a reliable mechanic to do all the work i cant( hes the guy that put my engine in and i know hes not fucking stupid, unlike the dipshit at the chrysler dealership.)

oh and i lied i forgot that i changed my trans fluid, and fixed some surface rust on the inside of my door. photos of my car with hardtop are coming soon too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Waiting for some boxes to show up before my first autocross on the 22nd. A real update will be coming soon along with some action shots:) . If anyone even cares lol. I finally got a job and making some money so expect updates more often. Oh and my friend said he could hook me up with a paint job for the cheap, and Im thinkin purple any ideas?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Was it leaking before it blew?
No. I just put it up in the air in gear and spun thr tire and the other one moved like normal witch leads me to beleave that it might just be the housing, but I don't see why it would crack for no apparent reason. I drove home averaging 30 mph and there wasnt any oil under my car when I left work. I didn't even realize It was broken until my grandpa came home and asked me why there was a pool of oil under my car. I got off at 1 and I posted right after I ran out to my car to see what was going on. It's cracked in a v shape around what looks to be the drain plug.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
My friend told me its just the housing so Im not quite as mad. I might just hb weld it for now...
Edit. I just read that you can weld it with a welded any ideas?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts