ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you look way back in the pic you will see the turn that I love to drift thru. I over shot it a little today with my new sway bar settings. :shock:
sorry, the pic is off a sh!tty camera phone.

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Owned!!!!!! Haha. You've got to laugh these things off or they'll piss you off to no end. It's better to laugh then get angry with yourself. At least no one was hurt. I hope the damage is minimal. It's hard to see where you entered the ditch. Are you still stuck in it or did you get a tow? Drifters wear their battle scars with pride so it's all good. You'll be back up and running in no time. This is a good example of the risks one takes when playing around on public roads.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I don't get it, did you drive into the creek for a fun picture or did you put it in the ditch?

Hope its not number two...
I can't see the picture on my computer, but from reading what I gather is that the original poster was driving/drifting a favorite corner of his, but wasn't used to the newfound handling prowess of his vehicle with the recently added swaybar...the end result was a short little trip into the ditch.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just changed the settings on the rear to the stiffest setting using new end links. If you look really closely in the back ground there is a telephone pole and a very light grey area to the lower left of it, that was the apex of the turn where i lost it.....oversteering from one side to another untill i was is the grass ( right between the telephone pole and the creek. I pretty much just traveled really far in the rough hilly grass area to the right of the telephone pole heading towards the creek. I traveled really far off the road......i lost controll around 50-60 mph in the turn :shock: As for damage.....two lightly dinged rim lips (both still hold air and will balance) Lightly dinged drivers fender (paint still good) and ripped all the underneath plastic rad. shroud pieces to pieces, and a 3" rip the the front bumper by the tow hook. I pulled it out with my suzuki samurai :shock:, while my buddy flored the miata in reverse. Unbelieveably minor damage for how far i went off the road and how many drop-offs, hills and the creek I plowed through. I drove it home 10-15 miles, pulled all the mud and grass out from underneath along with what was left of the rad. shrouds. Also lost the front licence plate mount :(

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
now wait a sec, is that pic where your car came to a stop? or did you decide to drive into the shallow creek for a photo opportunity since you were right there? if so, thats pretty funny.

stinks that you dinged up your new wheels though.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that pic is actually after i back'd up as far as I could trying to get out of the creek .....I slid probably 10ft past where the car is in the pic! I was trying to get out of there before the popo came :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts