ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for a long time for a car, and i cant find anything close to home. Just wondering if any of you have had any experience (bad or good) with having to drive a couple of hours to see a car? what are the main things that i should look at when inspect a car?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I bought my WRX on NASIOC. It was in the bay area, I'm in WA.

Lots of pictures were key. :)

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
I drove 3.500 miles to buy my Prius

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I drove from Orlando to Miami and didn't sleep for two solid days to buy a Miata.

AND the Miata was my only way back to Orando. I only had a one-way ride.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Watch it guys.

One of the things that makes this place cool is that we don't put up with **** like that from either end. You guys are being dicks, so please knock it off.

I so don't want to read it.

·
Esteemed Veteran Member
972 Posts
I bought my Miata in Seattle and drove it home to Houston.
Drove from Dallas to Pueblo, Colorado to look at a '59 Chevy ElCamino. Didn't buy it.

I'd recommend trying to find someone local that's familar with the type of car you're looking at to give it a once over before you travel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Flew to San Diego after work on a Friday on a $100 one-way ticket.
I gave up finding a good car for a reasonable price in Nevada.

Drove back that night. Got into Vegas around 3AM. It was about 350 miles?

It was high-mileage car, but it had the engine rebuilt and was touched up by a 20-time Miata enthusiast.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I haven't driven long distance, but when I bought one of my more recent cars I bought it online in TX. Lots of pictures and lots of questions were asked before I saw it in my driveway.

·
Supporting Member
46 Posts
I drove from Clearwater, FL to Ft Lauderdale, FL to look at a 10AE. I flew back to buy it. I made a small detour to Key West on the way back with my new baby. :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
My dad has bought 5 miatas sight unseen. From Albuquerque, he's flown to Chicago, Tulsa, Atlanta, Austin and Dallas. I also have a friend who flew from North Carolina to Albu. to buy a 57' Ford Panel van and drove it home. Do you research, ask the right questions, and you should be fine. If something from the seller seems funny, don't commit to buy. Good luck.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
some guy flew in from ohio to buy my 84 dodge colt turbo

some guy flew in from ST Louis to buy my 93 mitsubishi eclipse gsx

i'm in san francisco, ca

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Watch it guys.

One of the things that makes this place cool is that we don't put up with **** like that from either end. You guys are being dicks, so please knock it off.

I so don't want to read it.
Eh? :?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I drove 3 hours each way from Dallas to Austin, TX to pick up my wifes VW GTI. It only had 18k miles and was in perfect shape. Plenty of warranty left to find the little problems.

Me and a friend recently flew from Dallas to Ohio to drive back my RX-7. It was probably not the smartest thing I've ever done. I went up there with only a few pics and a clean carfax. It's a '91 with only 26,000 miles on it at the time (original owner). Luckily the car was exactly as described and perfect. It was risky, but I love the car.

·
Registered
379 Posts
To buy my miata i drove around 10 miles. My other car was just the same.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts