ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, new member here and after going through all 80ish pages of the BBB thread, I have a couple questions that I couldn't quite figure out. I'm not sure if I need extended tophats for both the front and the rear, or just the rear, etc. Right now I only have my MSM bilsteins with the NB tophats and a parts list that follows:

-Integra speedthane bumpstops for swank force setup x4
-ES 9.6103G isolators x2
-Advanced-Autosports 4" coilover sleeve kit
-summit 450/300 7" springs
-RideTech delrin spring washers 8x

Trying to eliminate some wheel gap while still maintaining a good drive on the street, so aiming for a ride height from 12.5" front and 12.5"-12.75" rear on my '02 SE with the stock 16" enkeis. With these settings, will I need to get extended tophats so I don't mess up my bumpstops?

·
Administrator
15,725 Posts
You should run extended top hats so you have usable travel without riding on bumpstops (feels bad) all the time.

It's not about saving your bumpstops, you should be cutting those to a length that prevents them from being smashed 24/7 (but mainly to protect the rest of the things, bumpstops.... stop.... bump travel when you want them to.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should run extended top hats so you have usable travel without riding on bumpstops (feels bad) all the time.

It's not about saving your bumpstops, you should be cutting those to a length that prevents them from being smashed 24/7 (but mainly to protect the rest of the things, bumpstops.... stop.... bump travel when you want them to.)
Thanks, makes sense. Will I run into any issues if I run extended tophats on the front, like the tire hitting the fender (with my given spring rates, msm billies, >12” ride height on an nb)?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Yup - depending on how extended the hats are, etc. I don't have the math with me, but I'm sure there are plenty that do have it. Something like stock front, and maybe 1" on the rear - up to 2"?

·
Administrator
15,725 Posts
You are in control of your own destiny. That's what bumpstops and some time determining how you want travel to work on your car are for.

I run my car with large extended hats all 4 corners. (2" custom units rear, Maruhas front that were smaller than the old stuff.) I run my car pretty low and don't have any clearance issues.

It's all in the legwork.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts