ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this up yesterday using an aluminium composite normally used in signage.
its basically two thin layers of aluminium bonded together with flexable polycarbonate and i managed to get half a sheet in a nice gloss black.

using the existing undertray i mapped out the shape including the original bolt hole locations and bolted it up under the car with loads of excess around the bumper.
i clamped it to the bumper and drew a rough curve folowing the lines of the bumper.
then using some fexable pvc conduit i re-traced the curves and took a jigsaw to it.

ended up with this.

i then re-fitted it and trimmed it accordingly to make sure the wheels or the steering gaitors didnt foul on it.
happy with how it turned out and ive yet to remove it to take off the protective plastic but as it stands now it looks like this.
it extends all the way back to the first two holes of the gearbox tray, so goes past the low point of the gear box and should offer some protection againts our shitty roads.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more pics showing it finished.

used existing holes in oem bumper, long bolts and carefull measuring means the bolt goes trough the splitter and bumper and pops out here in front of the rad

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its about 160 euro for and 8x4 sheet, the guy i bought it off uses it for signs and had half a sheet left over so only cost me 80 euro.
side on pic of the material

1 - 6 of 6 Posts