ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
you can buy the KG Work's lights at Pilot truck stop. They sell 4 lights for $15.00. But thet only carry blue, green and purple.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
looks great! sorry if you mentioned this already in your build, but what did you use for the arrows in your turn signal indicators?
I used black little triangles cut out of the same vinyl I used for my stripes. Electrical tape would work as well. I may change them out for the opposite-using the vinyl to block the area around the triangle instead of the triangle itself. The way it looks now they kind of look like cat eyes, which is slightly freaky.

I just had Adam make me a set of custom V8 Miata GT-40 gauge faces. When I get a chance to install them I'll likely change the turn signals up as well.

-Jason

·
Registered
166 Posts
this is awesome! i may have a try at this... haha

·
My toilet water goes the other way.
2,313 Posts
so nice man! Just wondering how you get the glass held in?

IS it stuck to the chrome ring? or?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)

·
(/゚Д゚)/
3,019 Posts
If you end up making another, cut an extra sheet of plexi for me. Just need the plexi, all other parts are sourced. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
After reading the thread here and other similar threads on m.net etc. I decided it was time to start working on one for myself. I id not take too many "in process" pictures but here's one of the gauge cluster as a work in progress. Still need to install the turn signal indicators and then add the individual glass covers over the gauges.

So far the cost is under $50. I expect the glass will cost $40-50 putting this right around $100 for the KG Works inspired gauge cluster.

Now am trying to figure out what to do with the gauge faces - leaning towards an ivory or parchment paper set of faces but really have no idea right now on how to start the process. If anyone has a template for NA gauges and is willing to share them please email me at [email protected].

Thanks!!

Attachments

41 - 60 of 83 Posts