ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
the console is kind of self-explanatory but it is certainly nice to have the carpet dimensions. It'll make it easier to cover my bare trans. tunnel. thanks =D>

·
1,213 Posts
excellent find Kyle ... I am tempted to go and make a rtail pice in a carpet offcut to check out this guys measurements !!?

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
I can check the genuine part at the weekend.

Good find. I have a scrapper radio surround already winging its way to me.

·
Registered
229 Posts
well damn. I hope I can get 8cm out of my nakamae console in front of the shifter. There's about 4.5 currently with a bit more folded under.

·
Supporting Member
830 Posts
Really appreciate the post, giving the rug dimensions and all. Extending the rug for a "nakamae" fit around the trunk/fuel lid levers appears to be doable.
I am thinking of attempting this, but I will have to find a place for the PW switch. I do not like the RS Stage/D-Technique placement though. I had a PT Cruiser as a rental, and it had the PW switch in a similar spot, which I found pretty annoying.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldn't destroy an expensive Nakamae piece just to get the carpeting. Instead I'd keep and/or sell the Nakamae console intact and get some carpet cut to the right dimensions for cheeeep.

Here's what M2-1028 carpet set looks like

Here's an interior shot of the M2-1001

·
Registered
229 Posts
will have to see what's what when everything is together. I don't think I will destroy the console with what I want to do... i'll take some pictures tomorrow and get more input.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Im sure someone could make a killing of these, if they made similiar sets to sell at a much more reasonable price

·
Supporting Member
830 Posts
I picked up an M2 1028 console recently. It's in pretty descent shape, except for a couple of cigarette burns near the shifter ring. I am in the process of test fitting it. There is a slit in it (green circle in pic) that allows for the trunk/gas lever to pass through, and it then basically lies flat against the rear bulk head. A few velcro tabs to hold it along with the trim ring assembly. Will post some pics when done.

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow. My M2-1001 carpet doesn't have that slit. Having a slit for the levers sure would be handy. I saw a pic in Road&Ster that showed the gas lid and trunk release levers relocated to rear parcel shelf area near the seat belt tower. Since I only have the gas lid lever on my car I may just remove it all together and go with a flip up Monza or Aston style lid or maybe relocate the cable to the trunk.

·
Supporting Member
830 Posts
A few pictures of the console in temporarily. With the seats up normal, you hardly notice the 'flaps' going left and right - looks almost like a nakamae vintage console in back. Just gotta get the HVAC piece modified, and decide what to do with the PW switch. I orginally planned on making a bracket to mount it thru a hole in the carpet behind the shifter, but now I feel it may make the console look too bumpy.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 79 Posts