ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
your roadster for something it's not. Like, last night, this guy and I were chatting about BMW's, and he asked me what year my BMW was as he pointed at the miata. And then today, this lady comes into my office and asked me about my Porsche. All I could think to say was "it's great". Anyone else have problems with people knowing what a Miata is?

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Ive never had that problem, if someone was that stupid to think a miata was a porsche I would prolly just ignore them

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I either get people that ask what kind of car it is and don't usually throw out any guesses. Or the people that just stare at it and ask, "Is that an umm, uh, uh, umm?..."

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
ive gotten Porsche before. Mostly people just ask what it is so they don't look like a dumbass.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
ive gotten Porsche before. Mostly people just ask what it is so they don't look like a dumbass.
that's usually the case for me too. then i'll always get the "but you're a lawyer!?! why aren't you driving a MERCEDES?!" from the people who think they know a lot about cars.

and after about the first 2 instances of that.. i just give them a little *shrug* instead of trying to explain.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I've gotten "I don't know what it is, but it looks expensive." THat made me pretty happy. Dude was suprised when I told him I only paid $5k for it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I get RX 7 pretty often. And FWD also...

·
Registered
465 Posts
ive gotten rx7 quite a few times in fact just got that a few days ago, and what kinda car is that the most. my tail lights give it away but from any other angle i guess it could be a mystery.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
A lot of people think my Protege is a WRX. I think the fog lights make it look more like an Evo IV. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
i love it when people think my cars a porshce.my brother was making fun of me by calling the blue porsche in ''disneys cars' a miata.then some little kids that live up the block from me where riding razor scooters .saying wow cool porsche.
also a old lady walking her dog and some old russian guy who didnt speak english thought it was a old skool porsche.

i think its because its primed for paint ,has no emblems and just looks old.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I got a Ferrari once
It was a guy in a worker beat-up pickup truck after we exited the freeway he was waiting in the next lane at the light and asked me which Ferrari model was my car?! LOL

·
Registered
289 Posts
Right after I totaled mine :oops: we were filling out the report and the pig asked me "What the hell is that sporty little number" Then he calls for the tow truck and said that he needed two tows, both FWD and I corrected him and he responded with "Dat thing really a RWD...damn" :mrgreen:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I got "Wow thats a nice car! Is that one of those Miata RX7s?"

I just stared at him with a puzzled expression on my face and said "Uhhhhhh this is a whole different animal"

·
Registered
203 Posts
Everybody thought mine was brand new when I bought it last year (it's a 92). Of course I worked at Wal Mart so that should give you a hint of the intelligence level...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts