ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
No imaginary or hidden rules but there has been several discussions about how this board is meant to be a friendlier, more positive environment where people aren't ridiculed or harsh to one another.

http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=381

I actually think this is one of the most relaxed forums because it is so small and we enjoy relatively great freedoms.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I don't think we need rules per se but having a set of guiding principals like what Bill wrote is really all that's necessary. If you have to ask yourself whether something is appropriate or not then you should always think of the guiding principals. Basically play nice and if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all (even if you hate whatever it is you want to badmouth.) If you have to criticize try to be as gentle as possible. The only place where this becomes unclear is if you have a bad experience with another member or business. Is it your ethical duty to warn others or is mud slinging bad form? I remember seeing horrible threads on vwvortex and turbobricks where two or more members would get into really heated arguments over money or property. It was always hard to figure out who was right/wrong since the arguments spiraled out of control with name calling and contradictions. Most people just side with their friends anyways. Hopefully one day the forum can have feedback ratings for users.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
We have a "Forum Netiquette" post, which, as Kyle said, is more or less guidelines.

I don't necessarily want to post "rules", but it may become a necessary evil as this forum gains more and more members.

I edited the post in question because of the (IMO) questionable animated GIF.

Please, let's try to avoid controversy here and stick to Roadster talk.

Thanks!

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
timallen said:
We have a "Forum Netiquette" post, which, as Kyle said, is more or less guidelines.

I don't necessarily want to post "rules", but it may become a necessary evil as this forum gains more and more members.
I don't think it would be an evil, i think it would help stop people from doing stuff you don't want them to, that they don't know about. It would enlighten alot of people I think.

timallen said:
I edited the post in question because of the (IMO) questionable animated GIF.
Wow :| I'm still really confused, is it that racist is a bad word here and we can't say it? Or was it that the kid was black or what?
I'm not trying to stand up to you or anything, i'd just like to know stuff so i don't get in trouble in the fututre. Because the "guidelines" that were in that link cover virtually nothing

timallen said:
Please, let's try to avoid controversy here and stick to Roadster talk.
Thanks!
But this is the Forum Nuts and Bolts section, where we discuss the forum...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts