ClubRoadster.net banner

Do you drive with lights on during the day?

• Yes

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • I have friends

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

100% Jakedashian
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious how many people here leave their headlights on during the day. I generally do because my thoughts are it's a tiny car and anything that makes me more visible is a good thing, to the point I'm considering a relay and a button that turns the headlights from normal operation to on-with-ignition.

Registered
as with many things in my life, i'm in some weird in between area where i usually drive with my parking lights on in the morning, and in the evening
however in broad daylight, they're usually off

Super Moderator
My new civic does everything automatically. I think its with running lights all the time and then turns on the headlights when needed. Before I had automatic lights I almost always turned my lights on at start up. I'm pretty sure that years ago Walmart did a study on this and found that the safety factor is worth more than the tiny amount of extra fuel used, which is why their trucks always drive with lights on.

Registered
I voted 'off' because in the miata I only turn them on when driving trough forests or when it's rainy but in the daily (no pop ups) I drive with headlights all the time.

In a lot of european countries you have to drive with headlights on all the time, which I think lead to the DRL being mandatory since a few years on new cars.

Registered
I just leave the headlights in my ND set to "auto" all the time, so they come on when it gets dark. The halo lights are on all the time, and the DRLs are on when the headlights are off.

Super Moderator
I just leave the headlights in my ND set to "auto" all the time, so they come on when it gets dark. The halo lights are on all the time, and the DRLs are on when the headlights are off.
Oh look at me with my fancy auto lights. I bet you have heated seats and a fancy mirror too.

Registered
Oh look at me with my fancy auto lights. I bet you have heated seats and a fancy mirror too.
Yup. Fancy mirrors even... the GT has an auto-dimming side mirror on the driver's side, also... :haiguyths:

Registered
I bet he'll have a higher chance of surviving in an accident too
Guy doesn't even the have the decency of driving a coke can like the rest of us
Hey, I drove a stock NA for 2 years, and I've owned seven air cooled VW Beetles. A NA is a super safe car compared to those things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts