ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a local Mazda dealer today looking at the new power hardtop Mx5 with my mother today ( she wants one ) and I caught sight of a Mazdaspeed miata. The car has been in my head all day and now I want one.

Heres the thing, all my cash is in my beastly FMII turbo 95 Rpkg. Do you think theres anyone out there that would trade me straight up for my ride? I mean, Ive got pretty much everything in the car minus racing seats.

What do you think? Heres a pic and a vid of my baby:

I know the video looks like a guy with Parkinsons filmed it and its already been on here but I figured Id put here.

M

·
0 Posts
Do you think theres anyone out there that would trade me straight up for my ride?
But you just sold that car on eBay 4 days ago!

You listed that car on eBay on Aug-25-06 with a fixed BIN price of $11,000.00 and it didn't sell:

You relisted it with a starting bid of $2,000.00 and it sold on Sep-16-06 for $8,699.99:

~Bill

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
As much as I love your car I think it's value on the used car market is somewhere between $10-$12k whereas most used MSM are trading between $15-$18k. Of course, everything depends on comdition. I can see someone trading stock MSM w/ average miles for your car + cash. NA are still great cars and FM kit is top notch.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL Bill, Ive had 2 Flakers. Big time flakers on egay. As for the last auction, I had a little help on it. Its a rather long story that I dont feel like getting into but no, I didnt have a friend bid on it and 2, lets just say he was a MASSIVE liar and flaker.

That the story Biru Wiruna

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
I have edited and/or deleted posts on this thread.

If anyone has questions or concerns about another member or their actions, take to PM.

I'm growing tired of the personal attacks and slander.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks tim. this threads already screwed up though so you might as well delete it.

i though you were a cool guy at first bill. but now, eh

·
Supporting Member
46 Posts
As an MSM owner, I would have to say no. No NA is worth as much as any MSM in good condition. The lowest selling price for a MSM I have heard is $16.5k.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok. thats why i wanted to ask, just to know if i should erase the idea. BTW, Muddy, my car is not stock by any means. It got about 15k into it including a FMII tubo in it, and an awesome tune that puts it around 290 rwhp

id be looking for one with high miles. dont find too many like that though. There is a guy on the autotrader whos got on with 75k miles i think. i cant remember if he wants 14 or 15k for it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
My friend Bob sold his '94 R-Package with 360hp (at the wheel) and was asking $17,500. The car was seriously built, well more than $15k invested.
Link to the ad - http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1938&highlight=turbo
When the '05 Mazdaspeeds hit the lots I know a few people got left over '04s for around $19,000. Figure a few grand in depreciation, a used '04 with decent miles would probably be at $17k.
I drove one, it was ok. Hated the seats...

·
Registered
239 Posts
with my personal experience, i would not get the msm. my supercharged miata pushing around 150-160whp is faster, and the msm's lower rev limit seriously sucks. from a performance standpoint, your current na sounds like its more than fun, and no msm could touch it.

but if you want an msm just to have one, by all means, get one!

to answer the question initially asked, i would say no. i doubt someone would trade their msm for an na. unless there were an instance where someone like me had an msm, then i'd trade you in an instant!

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
vicious-s, go buy an msm so you can trade me lol j/k

yeah I guess im ready now to get into a newer Miata now after driving a monster 93 rx7 and now a monster 95 Miata.

I had on 02 miata and loved it. I guess now the styling of the MSM has won me over. I love the way the MSM drives and as far as the power is concerned, ill be very hard pressed to find any msm locally that can even touch my car in a straight line or turns. I guess im getting old lol

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Yes, but most of the MSM deficiencies can be corrected with aftermarket parts from FM for about $2,500. Does anyone know what the highest recommended rev limit is for a MSM with the Hydra EMS on stock internals?

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I belive 7800k. I cant remember where I saw that though. Call Jeremy or Keith, they'll tell you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts