ClubRoadster.net banner

17041 - 17060 of 17145 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
If I had one of these I could have a v-dub and roadster all in one car. It's called a Memminger 2.7 roadster if you care to take a look.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Oh yeah, that thing really got my attention. Made me start daydreaming about finding a New Beetle to cut up.

Oh wait I still have a Miata to weld back together. :haiguyths:

·
Registered
480 Posts
man Dad had a R&T with that Bizzarrini on the cover and I thought that was one of the coolest things I had ever seen. Especially with a 'vette motor ( I think)

Also, Ford GT's look better with a top.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I am an autobody technician and I specialize in rebuilding high end cars that have met their untimely end. Here is a pic of a 61 Corvette I recently finished. When I got the car it had been plowed into a telephone pole and I ended up replacing everything from the doors forward. 20190809_155026_1567277166372.jpg

·
Registered
480 Posts
Dang man that paint looks flawless in the pic. Too bad So. Il. is so far from Canada. lol

·
Mufasa in Training
32,111 Posts
I am an autobody technician and I specialize in rebuilding high end cars that have met their untimely end. Here is a pic of a 61 Corvette I recently finished. When I got the car it had been plowed into a telephone pole and I ended up replacing everything from the doors forward. View attachment 142880
Nice :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
This is what $7 MILLION dollars looks like.
Oh cool, that's almost a tenth of a GTO!

There's a slim chance this one was made by my uncle's uncle; my uncle told me his uncle worked as a driver and mechanic at Lamborghini during that time, and made a special version to which it was rather necessary to add a front spoiler.

·
Registered
501 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
32,111 Posts
I confused the Jota and the SVJ. Also confused with the fact that Wallace one off modified a Jarama:

He also made a special based on the Urraco:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Maybe unpopular opinion, but those are real pretty things.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,111 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Seen the 350 GTV in person, truly astonishing machine. It was parked next to Ferruccio's 250GT, so you basically had the two cars that started it all one next to the other. Come think about it, next to those you had a 350GT, in front of those you had Ferruccio's Topolino racecar (don't even ask) and in front of that you had his Miura (I have a hilariously overexposed picture with it).
Ferruccio's nephew explained to me that it was meant to get into production, but in the end it was decided the design was too ahead of its time, so it was turned into the 350GT, which as you can see is a lot more coherent with the other '60s supercars. John Lennon bought one.
I could talk to you about the cigarette test, but you'll surely know about it.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,111 Posts
From what I've read, that 250GT (and Ferrari's reluctance to give service to our good tractor builder) is why Lamborghini went into business for himself.

·
Registered
501 Posts
From what I've read, that 250GT (and Ferrari's reluctance to give service to our good tractor builder) is why Lamborghini went into business for himself.
Not exactly:
They did service the clutch (or was it the whole transmission? Can't say I recall), but it failed again, because it was simply too fragile. He fixed it with a tractor part, and went to Enzo Ferrari himself to tell him about the issue and show him how it could be fixed. His answer, "You worry about building tractors, I'll worry 'bout the cars", is written in legend.

In fact, his engines being so stable you could rev them without making an upright cigarette placed directly upon it fall can be traced back to his disappointment about the 250's engine vibrations.

17041 - 17060 of 17145 Posts