ClubRoadster.net banner

17061 - 17080 of 17106 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
31,212 Posts
Not exactly:
They did service the clutch (or was it the whole transmission? Can't say I recall), but it failed again, because it was simply too fragile. He fixed it with a tractor part, and went to Enzo Ferrari himself to tell him about the issue and show him how it could be fixed. His answer, "You worry about building tractors, I'll worry 'bout the cars", is written in legend.

In fact, his engines being so stable you could rev them without making an upright cigarette placed directly upon it fall can be traced back to his disappointment about the 250's engine vibrations.
I had figured there was more to that story, but in the end, we have Lamborghini cars because Enzo Ferrari can't stand to be told he's wrong.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had figured there was more to that story, but in the end, we have Lamborghini cars because Enzo Ferrari can't stand to be told he's wrong.
And the GT40, too!
Enzo Ferrari: the only man that's managed to give birth to two great rival brands and a third brand's best car.

Also boy is that Starlet pretty

·
Registered
174 Posts
Heres a wide body right hand drive RX7 I did for a buddy of mines a few years back. If anyone is in BC and looking for one its for sale right now. Think hes asking around 20k cdn IMG_7891_1567814905442.jpg

·
Registered
273 Posts
Very neat. Quite a FailRace approved color. The kind of car that the owner will describe as "subtle" to be met by puzzled looks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Little story about that car, my buddy is a very particular kind of guy. He didn't want to have any issues with the kit down the road. His main concern was from seeing kitted up cars around town with cracks and pieces missing or just being generally wavy. So I spent extra time building steel reinforcements and countless hours blocking to make it perfectly straight. I did such a good job reinforcing the kit that after he picked it up from my shop he took it home and swapped his wheels. He swears he wasn't high but somehow forgot to put any lug nuts on the right rear wheel which promptly fell off when he backed it out of his driveway. The car crashed down onto the rear bumper and right side skirt. Other than some chipped paint underneath there wasn't a bit of damage. That kit is strong!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Little story about that car, my buddy is a very particular kind of guy. He didn't want to have any issues with the kit down the road. His main concern was from seeing kitted up cars around town with cracks and pieces missing or just being generally wavy. So I spent extra time building steel reinforcements and countless hours blocking to make it perfectly straight. I did such a good job reinforcing the kit that after he picked it up from my shop he took it home and swapped his wheels. He swears he wasn't high but somehow forgot to put any lug nuts on the right rear wheel which promptly fell off when he backed it out of his driveway. The car crashed down onto the rear bumper and right side skirt. Other than some chipped paint underneath there wasn't a bit of damage. That kit is strong!
Oh my goodness. Hope the wheel was ok!
Also, I empathize a lot. I'd hate having one of those terrible bumpers that can turn your perfect build into a hooptie-looking mess in the space of a speed bump. Hell, what's the purpose of a bumper that has to be protected from bumps?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Man I love me some Guzzi and chic pics. And I do indeed love looking at pretty Ducati's. But I am indeed too old for bikes. Hell, I'm too old for a Miata. :(

Any one heard of Steve Moal tho. I'm pretty sure I first heard of him on Leno's TV car show, but he also built a car for Wayne Carini also of TV car show fame. This man is amazing and I think a good example for Mars of what good ol' 'murican boys can do when they imitate the best.

them hot rods tho...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Any one heard of Steve Moal tho. I'm pretty sure I first heard of him on Leno's TV car show, but he also built a car for Wayne Carini also of TV car show fame. This man is amazing and I think a good example for Mars of what good ol' 'murican boys can do when they imitate the best.
Tell you the truth, I'm not really a fan. I can certainly appreciate the outstanding craftsmanship going on, but that's a tiiiny bit too old for my taste.
When we're talking classics, what I'm into tends to look a bit more like what you see below.
And, well, modern takes on hot rods don't tend to get my approval.
He's certainly incredible when it comes to turning a vision into a car, but we don't share the same tastes.

Americans can indeed pull off some great great stuff. I do love the GT40 itself, and I'm gazing at my Eleanor poster as I'm typing this. Hell, I have twenty something Mustang model cars.

...and so on.

(Fun fact... that Alfa has NA seats!)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ah, I see we are pretty much on the same page when it comes to cars. I was most impressed with the man's craftsmanship and good taste to chose to imitate something so awesome to begin with and now unattainable.

The Buggati that the guys at "Restoration Guild" built is another good, and maybe better, example of this. That thing was insanely well crafted, and I can't imagine what the wealthy Middle Eastern guy paid him to build it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Indeed a legend. Though if I may, Bugatti. One G, two Ts. Not a complaint, just spreading awareness. :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
lol you the man bud. spell check couldn't help me with that one.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The pic of the dash in the Jag tells me it's a modern replica. Am I wrong?

And the one of the old F1 Maserati is awesome. By awesome I mean the pic and the car.

17061 - 17080 of 17106 Posts