ClubRoadster.net banner
161 - 180 of 17163 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
324 Posts
Some pics from a couple of years ago on Mount Stuart on the Isle of Bute in Scotland. The Lord of the manor who ran the event is Johnny Dumfries who was one of the drivers in the 1980's Jaguar Le Mans victory! The 'circuit' was the entry road into the land and had minimal safety provisions! Amazingly both Renault and BAR were there with their current F1 test cars with their test drivers (one was Sato and I forgot the other but I'm sure he went on to drive in F1) and we were so close to the cars racing past that we could have touched them if we put an arm out! In retrospect, I wouldn't want to be that close to Sato again!
Some pics are rubbish and there were a lot of stuff that I missed on camera..

Ecuri Ecosse out in force

Ok, now for the rubbish pictures of Groub B cars, this Ford RS200 kicked a stone into my face!

Mad Lancia group Blurry

There was a mad old Nissan group B (maybe) rally car there but I only have one super blurry image of it...I may find a better one somewhere

·
CR.net Supporter
324 Posts
Sorry, I should have said it was the Williams F1 team rather than the BAR.
More of my rubbish pictures:

Another bad pic, but it was a current F1 car going FAST on a tiny road!!

JPS F1 Lotus, probably the most evocative F1 of all time. Look at the cars in the background too!

Ok, this is a bad pic of an ugly old Nissan rally car, but might have some JDM appeal??

·
Registered
201 Posts
How about a classic from my childhood.

SPECIFICATIONS OF MACH V(ette)

THE HAND-LAID FIBERGLASS, SIX SPEED MANUAL ROADSTER HAS:

400 hp fuel-injected LT1 motor

Billet:
Aluminum steering wheel
20 inch Aluminum Wheels
Aluminum racing flip-top fuel cap

Bose Stereo

6 way power seats

Super Trapp exhaust

Four wheel disk brakes

Chrome windshield wipers

Four point racing harnesses

10,000 candle power yellow running lights

Fully wrapped Lobster Red Leather Interior

Electronically controlled adjustable suspension

·
Mufasa in Training
35,153 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
35,153 Posts
oh and thats a pretty sweet buick gnx bryan, my friend has one just like that sitting in his driveway, its been there for like 5 years.

edit: oops i mean gnx
Yeah...IMHO, cars just don't get any more "badass" than the GNX. Good old American muscle boosted by a big ole hairdrier...all covered in the simplest body in the only color it could be...ALL BLACK.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here's one for ya... my dad's first real race car. Who knows what it is? Bonus points if you know who drove the car in the 60s.
It's a Lotus 23B raced by your father, Brian Little. Apparently Graham Hill raced it at one point before your dad had it. Have you been in contact with Michael Gans? Apparently he's researching the history of a Lotus 23 allegedly raced by Graham Hill. Perhaps it's the same car?

http://www.tamsoldracecarsite.net/MysteryCars2.html
Michael Gans said:
I am researching a Lotus 23B that was raced in the US by Graham Hill in 1963. Originally, the car (23-S-86) was delivered to Ian Walker Racing. From what I?ve been told, the car, driven by Graham Hill, participated at the following races:

Sept. 29th 1963, North West GP, Pacific Raceway, 3rd overall
November 13th 1963, Times GP, Riverside, CA, 10th overall
November 20th 1963, Monterey GP, 12th overall

Interestingly, in one of my sources it is listed as a Roy Winkelmann Racing entry rather than an Ian Walker entry. I was wondering whether anyone could shed light on which racing team entered the car in California in 1963. Also, I?d be interested in any pictures, programs, results, etc.. Thanks in advance for any leads you might be able to provide!
Huh, I wonder if my dad knows any of these guys... California tracks from the 60's? That's his gig... formula 5000, porsches, you name it.

And there's always some Chuck Forge in those lists of names. That guy cracks me up but knows his Porsches.

Matt

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Yeah...IMHO, cars just don't get any more "badass" than the GNX. Good old American muscle boosted by a big ole hairdrier...all covered in the simplest body in the only color it could be...ALL BLACK.
I dunno if I would consider a 3.8 V6 muscle, but no doubt its a really sweet car. ;)

In high school, one of my friends had a Buick Riviera T-type, same engine as the GNX, all blacked out exterior, real luxurious gray interior, with those little buick turbo logos embroidered on the seats.

looked like this, but black.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buic...temQQcategoryZ6142QQihZ010QQitemZ200028066123

161 - 180 of 17163 Posts