ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you guys still have and use your A/C?

If you do, this is for you.

Is there anyway to lessen the parasitic drag from the compressor? Everytime I turn it on it zapps about 50% power according to the butt dyno.

Please don't tell me not to use it.......I only use it when it is crazy hot...But when I do use it, it is a life saver...literally.

·
Registered
339 Posts
nope, just have to deal with it

or install a turbo/supercharger, it seriously helps no joke

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a turbo and it zaps the power too. The turbo helps but I am interested in reducing parasitic drag. Possibly a pully change or Hi Performance compressor if they even make one.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,650 Posts
Nope. You really can't do it. Keep in mind, the pulley and belt have to have friction or else the belt will simply slide and you'll have no A/C :(

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
I ran a hillclimb once with aircon on (left on accidently) and off. The difference in time was 1/10th of a second. Under WOT, the aircon compressor clutch disengages. When you need the power, its there. Unless the aircon clutch is knackered (which can happen, but it usually leads to smoking under the bonnet).

·
Registered
209 Posts
What about squealing just when the AC is on or at start up?

I figure it's a loose belt, but it really only happens when the AC is on. No way am I gonna change the AC compressor at 112K miles either, that can't be right!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts