Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at some steelies and its says there not DOT legal

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: dose anyone use wheels that are not "DOT legal"?

so u can use them on the street and they wont pull u over?

·
Registered
945 Posts

No, you won't get pulled over at all. Officers don't look at the wheels for DOT approval. (at least in my area) I know cali is strict with cars and mods but i think you'll be fine. Post the wheels youre looking at.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Do you drive the speed limit at all times? Grow some balls.
i have balls i just dont feel like getting a fix it ticket

·
Registered
945 Posts

Google or search button Diamond Racing Wheels. You'll see the pros and cons of using them with a tire that's appropriate for our cars. Depending on size, they could be boat anchors, and some say they bend easy blah blah. do some searching and you'll figure it out.

Short answer: Yes, you can use those and not get arrested.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

yea i mean my thing only dose say noob and cali cops are strict about everything especially at the end of the month

·
RDR
4,252 Posts

closest situation i've heard.....a friend of mine got pulled over for other in his RSX and the cop wrote him a ticket for having different size tires than the oem specification. but it just sounds more like bad luck of getting pulled over by that particular officer that wanted to get him for anything.
other than that, when is the last time you actually saw a DOT stamp visible on the face of the rim? they can't really prove it, at the same time neither can you. Think about all the other cars on the road with aftermarket wheels.

In the case of anybody getting pulled over for wheels... its usually cause of sizing/being too flush. (it happens, but RARELY) I've been pulled over for not running mudflaps because my SSRs back then were too wide. But I was just let go with a warning.

in addition the only reason why some companies put 'off road use only' on their products is so they can cover their own asses if their customers use their product on the road (which is usually the case) and then break something and try to turn back to them with a lawsuit.

·
Old Threads > New Threads
5,269 Posts

Jesus Fucking Christ. Took me a second to realize that all the posts are from today... That means that this is the second thread on this subject from a noob in the last two weeks. :fp:

As Skinnyroadster mentioned, you need some balls. Good news! It's the holiday season so you can probably put a set on lay-a-way at K-Mart or Wal-Mart. You'll have them in time to leave the cookies and milk out for Santa. In the meantime, grab your twin sister's bike with the tassles. Stay with me on this...

Pedal really really fast through a red light, going the wrong way, in front of a cop. Might take a few intersections but keep going; you can do it!

Report back if the cop even once glances at the wheels during your conversation.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

closest situation i've heard.....a friend of mine got pulled over for other in his RSX and the cop wrote him a ticket for having different size tires than the oem specification. but it just sounds more like bad luck of getting pulled over by that particular officer.
other than that, when is the last time you actually saw a DOT stamp visible on the face of the rim? they can't really prove it, at the same time neither can you. Think about all the other cars on the road with aftermarket wheels.
very true and very helpfull i just cant wait for the cop on his period to pull me over when i get them

i appreciate all the comments from everyone very helpfull im ordering them

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

I honestly use to like this forum, since all the newbs came in i have to say its going in the toilet.Especially the slammed thread fed up of seeing the same 5 cars posting up there slammed rides and fake wheels.Where are all the quality cars at?Oh yea kid sorry if I trashed your thread

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Jesus Fucking Christ. Took me a second to realize that all the posts are from today... That means that this is the second thread on this subject from a noob in the last two weeks. :fp:

As Skinnyroadster mentioned, you need some balls. Good news! It's the holiday season so you can probably put a set on lay-a-way at K-Mart or Wal-Mart. You'll have them in time to leave the cookies and milk out for Santa. In the meantime, grab your twin sister's bike with the tassles. Stay with me on this...

Pedal really really fast through a red light, going the wrong way, in front of a cop. Might take a few intersections but keep going; you can do it!

Report back if the cop even once glances at the wheels during your conversation.

haha yea i saw that other post after i had already posted this one
i am a noob i only have 3 months with the car like two three in the cr site what more can u expect?

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts

haha yea i saw that other post after i had already posted this one
i am a noob i only have 3 months with the car like two three in the cr site what more can u expect?
English? :fp:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts