ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whereby posts by certain user selected members' posts could be not shown to that user. If it does, it should be implemented. :roll:

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
From the phpBB FAQ

What are the Buddy, Ignore, and Disallow Lists?
Buddy, Ignore, and Disallow Lists are a means by which you can easily find or contact other users or prevent other users from finding or contacting you on the messenger software.

So these lists are built into the messenger? Do they work in other parts of the forums?
Yes, the lists are built into the messenger. No, they do not work in other parts of the forums, except for the Buddy Management control panel. The board administrator can install an expanded version of Buddy, Ignore, and Disallow Lists to add functionality to other parts of the forums.

I keep getting unwanted private messages!
In the future we will be adding an ignore list to the private messaging system. For now, though, if you keep receiving unwanted private messages from someone, inform the board administrator -- they have the power to prevent a user from sending private messages at all.

If you are having problems with a particular forum member try to work it out privately (agree to disagree and then ignore each other). If that member is harrassing or continually posting dumb/mean/racist crap please inform the forum administrator (Tim) or a moderator via PM and appropriate action will be taken. Tim does all the coding around here and he's been super busy but we'll look into the possibility of adding an expanded version of the ignore/disallow lists to other parts of the forum.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem with PM, so the currently functionality is not what I'm looking for I guess. Thanks for the info though.

I'm pretty much against most moderation in forums, but the ability to ignore posts by certain users will allow me to not to read those posts while allowing others to see why they should ignore them too.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen it on other forums but not phpBB ones, which is why I asked.

Thanks for checking into it Tim.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Are you blocking my posts? :(

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Yes, so he's had 2 years to look into it
I appreciate the comments and suggestions on how to make this forum more enjoyable.

I will be making a post soon that will include some important announcements.

I think a lot of questions/concerns will be answered then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts