ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
OUCH! Is that your poor car?

Man, I hate to say it, but unless you have quite a bit of money to bring it back, the poor thing is likely to be salvaged.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i came to a stop at a light while it was still yellow right before it turned red. The woman behind me said and I quote " I didnt think you were going to be that cautious" and skidded into my back rear quarter panel.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Looks like one quarter panel and maybe a bumper.

I had worse than that before and insurance still fixed it. It really depends on the company.

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
I think the trunk lid is fine. It appears to be a little off due the the flex of the rear fender. It's fixable, for sure, and if there isn't an frame damage (which I highly double) You could probably get off with just replacing the rear fender to help save costs on the damage estimate.

We've got a few tail lights at the shop if you need one, along with a rear bumper and trunk lid if it comes to that. Source used parts now to replace them and tell the adjustor you have them on hand to replace. That will drop the estimate A BUNCH since they typically get prices for new parts which can cost nearly DOUBLE what they would new or lightly through places like planet miata or mazmart.

Labor will be the biggest cost on getting it fixed. There are numerous pop-welds that will have to be taken out, then welded back into place. Shop around for body shops, it appears the car is still drivable, just throw on the stock wheels if you still have them and get hunting!

It's not too late to save it! Don't give up hope!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
worse comes to worse if they total it im leaving the roadster community......but I will stay here because I will probably be buying an fc.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Man that sucks!!! It does look fixable. As long as she didn't move any of the suspension points or twist the chassis I would try to save it!!! But I'm one of those sentemantal types.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts