ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my steering wheel has been cocked to the right (slightly) and I went to go get an alignment figuring that was the problem. Went to get an alignment and it came back perfect, but my steering wheel is still cocked to the right. The guy at the shop wrote something on the sheet of paper suggesting I get something done, but his hand writting is worse than a first grade child. I tried calling up there, but nobody knows who this guy is (maybe he put a fake name on the service invoice). Anyways, I've been hearing a creaking noise, if you will, ever since I got my alignment. It's comming from the rear of the car. My first instict is that my bushing are shot. Considering the car is a '93 with 131K on it it's a good suggestion. I just wanted to know if my assumption was right before I dropped $450 on some bushings.

·
Registered
332 Posts
creaking noise? it could be your bushings..mine sound like that sometimes too..but my exhaust drains it out..MUAHA my steering is to the right also..i have to keep it turned on the left but i got use to it..also...it could be your tires.. when i put on some worn out steelies on the rear for drifting..i had a hard time going straight...i had to keep the steering wheel to the left about 1/4th a turn.. check pressure in all tires

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
The alignment guy didnt torque one (or more) of the suspension cam bolts down and it is loose, causing the popping sound. Just need to tighten it down but you shoiuld really take it back and make them realign it. You may need new suspension cam bolts as they stretch out over time. Also, tell them to crank them tighter than the manual says because it is a common problem. Search over at m.net, youll find all sorts of info on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts