ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, ran in to problem doing a coolant reroute... I need to find out exact thread size for 'water temp sender'. I used 12mm 1.50 tap, and it seems to be too 'loose'... need help on exact size. Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
hes rerouting the coolant.....Not that difficult to understand. People do it with turbo miatas sometimes to increase the cooling efficiency. With the stock setup the hot and cold water "meet" at the water neck on the front of the engine. So the hot water warms up the cold water coming from the rad. If you reroute to coolant from the back of the head instead of the front they no longer affect each other.

I don't personally know the sizes, but I know some members of miataturbo dot net have done the reroute and may be able to answer your questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The green-topped two pin sensor at the back of the head ? Its M12x1.5. Depending on how you are routing, there is a spare bolt at the back of the head that you can remove and put this sensor in to instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts