ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
I emailed them to see if they have pics of the Superlite wheel 15x8 4x100 4 negative offset platinum. As it is, they show the same pic for every offset.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you get them with any lip?

Like REAL watanbes?

:lol:

the best lip action on the site

don't know the size but it looks good. i hear about watanabe not clearing the brake bracket smaller than 15's and maybe this will have no problems. and pray that its lighter than 14oem stockers.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,644 Posts
9.35lbs for the 13" isn't horrible, I must admit. I think the weight chart you just cited is for a different company's wheels, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
9.35lbs for the 13" isn't horrible, I must admit. I think the weight chart you just cited is for a different company's wheels, but I could be wrong.
i think the 1st chart give you a more accurate wheel weight for the street superlites.

the other 2 charts are custom 3 piece wheels similar to kodiaks, keizers, or pana c8

13x8 +3offset similar to rota rb is @ 13.5

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts

Like REAL watanbes?

Ah, the irony.....

Superlites are British made, bit closer to the real thing than Watanabe. Weight...depends. You can get them in aluminium alloy, or mag alloy, but with a trade-off in strength.

Look up Minilite as well; not too badly priced as well. Compomotive do an extremely strong approved replica, but quite heavy...but then, its a strictly motorsport wheel.

·
4,436 Posts

Like REAL watanbes?

Ah, the irony.....

Superlites are British made, bit closer to the real thing than Watanabe. Weight...depends. You can get them in aluminium alloy, or mag alloy, but with a trade-off in strength.

Look up Minilite as well; not too badly priced as well. Compomotive do an extremely strong approved replica, but quite heavy...but then, its a strictly motorsport wheel.
I was going to chime in - but Roadster but hit it on the head - not anywhere near Watanabe in terms of quality and weight - but yes, better price. Compmotive has a better looking "banana" rim - the spokes on the Minilites are a bit fat with a wider center plate, but very UK. If you cruise over to mini2.com you will see several people complaining on the quality issues and balancing points on these wheels for the FWD Mini's. Nice wheel for a larger wheel well, but I think it would look a tad out of place on the Miata (IMO) with the high offset.

Also, this wheel reminds me of a rim made looooong ago - Wolfsport I believe - they used to make a rim that looked very close to the Minilite, but with deeper offset.

I still think you cannot go wrong with the Rspeed Chaparral - don't let the price fool you on that link :lol:

And dont forget the Superlite rims - especially the 7" one below =D>

Attachments

·
Mufasa in Training
32,644 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:34 am]lol. - brian - if 9.35lbs "isn't horrible" what do you consider a "light" wheel wieght?
It's "Bryan" ;)

Really, 13" wheels are something I'm not used to, so weights for them are hard for me to comprehend. I know that 10lbs in a 15" is VERY good, and pretty dang good for a 14", but I don't know what "good" is for a 13-incher.

That said, if I had the money, those 13's look tempting, and they are quite a bit lighter than the Rota RB's, as someone pointed out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
the blue potato @ 25th July 2006 said:
I was going to chime in - but Roadster but hit it on the head - not anywhere near Watanabe in terms of quality and weight - but yes, better price. Compmotive has a better looking "banana" rim - the spokes on the Minilites are a bit fat with a wider center plate, but very UK. If you cruise over to mini2.com you will see several people complaining on the quality issues and balancing points on these wheels for the FWD Mini's. Nice wheel for a larger wheel well, but I think it would look a tad out of place on the Miata (IMO) with the high offset.

Also, this wheel reminds me of a rim made looooong ago - Wolfsport I believe - they used to make a rim that looked very close to the Minilite, but with deeper offset.

I still think you cannot go wrong with the Rspeed Chaparral - don't let the price fool you on that link :lol:

And dont forget the Superlite rims - especially the 7" one below =D>
I got the Champagne Chaps from Rspeed for my Red 96. They are around 39lbs per corner, but I am not really big on weight differences as I never use the car in an Auto-X, Drag Strip, or Track. I can say that the with the weight differences and the 205 spec Toyo T1Rs, the car has a better ride. Better than the Rota C8's with the GSD3's that I had. The Chaps really set the car off. I love them.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Forgive for saying, but the two sets of Watanabes I had, 15" and 14", were a bit rought around the edges, as far as casting marks go. Have no doubt; these are massively overpriced wheels. The reference to Minilites on Mini2.com is to the large Minilites made for the BMW MINI, not the real Mini.

14" Watanabe F8:

14" KN Minator Minilite replica (UK, about $110 each)

15" Minilite

Miata on wide 15" genuine Minilites:

A few different forms of genuine Minilites:
http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/gt_wheels_minilites
8)

Unknown replica:

15" Superlite

Panasport

Image Wheels RM1:

15" Konig Rewind:

Rota RB (13")

Compomotive ML

Chaparral 15"

SSR RS:

Unknown Japanese replica:

Arrows (Black Racing):

MWS Minilite replica:

MWS Superlite replica:

Any more?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd get the rota's if they came in multiple colors fairly decent weight, different offset and price

·
Registered
52 Posts
Fritch @ 25th July 2006 said:
wow I didn't realize the Chaps with tires weighed so much! holy crap!
Actually....That was the shipped weight. So I am using that for a base. The box it came in will shed 1lb maybe, unless I looked at the box that the lugs were shipped in, that would have added extra weight. But I am sure my estimate is pretty close. I still love them, more everyday. Your boosted, zip it. :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts