ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Roll Bar God
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, the modification that sooo many of you folks were asking about is available!

I can now retrofit door bars to your existing rollbar without the need to remove the rollbar from the car which saves a lot of work, which in turn means that you save $$$.

The cost of the retrofit is about $400-500 depending on setup, actual price may vary if you have different seats or requirements, etc..
For that price you get a proper set of door bars welded to the rollbar main base plates and bolted to the front receivers that are welded to the car.
The finish is satin black paint to match the standard color of most other aftermarket rollbars.

Compare the price to a set of doorbars from other vendor where you pay almost $300 plus shipping and you still need to install them yourself or pay a shop, and you end up with an inferior product that attaches to the flimsy sheet metal of the floor...

The Blackbird Fabworx doorbars work much better because they attach to the rocker, where much of the strength of the chassis comes from.

Here's what Inside Line magazine had to say in a recent review of the Blackbird Fabworx door bars -
Inside Line said:
That suspension works even better now that Project Miata's chassis stiffness has been fortified by the GT3 6-point roll bar. I'll go so far as to say that the car has been transformed by its presence, with the brunt of the credit going to its door bars. Much of the secondary jitteriness the body shell had while traversing bumps is now gone; the whole thing drives more all-of-a-piece. It now goes down the road like a fundamentally much more serious and capable car.

There's more. Project Miata's ride quality is notably more supple due to the roll bar. Inputs from the road can actually be damped out by the suspension, rather than simply being transmitted to the previously noodly (and undamped) chassis. Whether increased chassis stiffness improves lap times is one of those endless internet debates, but consider this -- allowing the suspension to work better results in more uniform contact patch loading when traversing lumpy pavement. It also makes for a much more confidence-inspiring (and pleasant) drive. Confidence is speed.
Here are some pics of the doorbars on the BFW 6 point rollbars -

Get your set of door bars - [email protected]

Moti

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Looks very nice

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
want want want!!

This might sound really really odd, but...
...do you (or have you thought about) travel for installs?
You know, for those of us not exactly close enough to drive over and have bits welded in place.

I know there'd be a whole mess of logistical crap to deal with as re: pipe, bends, a welder, a location and whatnot, but I'm really curious.

·
Roll Bar God
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
want want want!!

This might sound really really odd, but...
...do you (or have you thought about) travel for installs?
You know, for those of us not exactly close enough to drive over and have bits welded in place.

I know there'd be a whole mess of logistical crap to deal with as re: pipe, bends, a welder, a location and whatnot, but I'm really curious.
I've never really thought about it.
As long as I'm busy here, there's really no reason for me to travel for installs, unless there was a really tempting offer to get me out and about.
But then there really is a boatload of logistical stuff to be taken care of, to start with I'll be away from all my tooling and my shop is fairly equipped so...

Moti

1 - 9 of 9 Posts