ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just did short introduction in the intro thread. What we didn't mention there is, that some of us are over 6'5'' tall and there will be some oncoming fabs for the big boys and here comes the first. It was the first to introduce to the mx5nutz community as well.

These door pulls give the missing legroom in the MX5 and match the OEM interior with better look.
Dimensioned to exact fit, custom made from 5mm automotive leather, with rustproof eyelet and rustproof decorative backplate as expected in convertible, they are direct replacement. The leather design will subtile match the leather door trim of the "Roadster".

The details in short:
- CAD packaged to exact interior fit the MX5 NA (MK1)
- Exact leather cut with professional finish
- "Roadster" embossed leather print
- Tight fit through rustproof eyelet and backplate
- Black lathe machined shims to set and hold the door trim at the original position
- Exact fit black screw caps to cover the screw heads.

What is in the package:
- 1x leather strap
- 2x offset shims
- 2x screw cap shims
- 2x screw caps
- 1x installation manual

It is P&P set by reusing the original screws.

The set price is 35$ delivered to USA/Canada or anywhere outside Europe.

On request, some plain ones with no embossing were made.

Custom embossing designs are doable, if there is bigger interest shown.

Please note, these will fit perfectly the door trim without armrest and with two fixing points. They will fit the armrest style too, but leaving the 3th hole open.

·
Registered
460 Posts
First off,this looks to be a very well made product, at a reasonable price. Because only the 94-95 Miata's came with the two hole handles, I would suggestion add fasteners, and a small disc of leather about the size of the rounded end of the strap, to plug hat third hole on the 90-93,& 96-97 NAs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I purchased a set of these a few moths ago (without the roadster logo) for my 95 and was quite pleased. Fit and finish is very good, from the spacers that fit perfectly to the slight concave cut on the upper edge that just misses the door latch. I'll see if I can get some installed pictures up in the next week but these have a very understated look that blends in with the stock interior.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased a set of these a few moths ago (without the roadster logo) for my 95 and was quite pleased. Fit and finish is very good, from the spacers that fit perfectly to the slight concave cut on the upper edge that just misses the door latch. I'll see if I can get some installed pictures up in the next week but these have a very understated look that blends in with the stock interior.
Happy to meet you again, Andrew, and BIG thanks again for your appreciation! Pictures are always welcome, thanks!

First off,this looks to be a very well made product, at a reasonable price. Because only the 94-95 Miata's came with the two hole handles, I would suggestion add fasteners, and a small disc of leather about the size of the rounded end of the strap, to plug hat third hole on the 90-93,& 96-97 NAs.
Thanks for your comment and feedback.
The situation in USA might be slightly different, than in Europe, as I dont see the armrest style so often here, but there was still proper interest for solution for the 3-point armrest style door pulls.
There are many attempts, to hide the rear hole and the embossed trim, but never saw really pleasing result. This is why we chose to go for a proper solution and to design leather door trim pocket, just like some trims are having, that attaches P&P to the trim and utilizes both the bottom connecting points.
It is not there yet, but some raw prototyping pic can be seen of it on the site.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blanks for the 3th hole were made in the same design, material, eyelet and backplate.

These are 9$ for a pair.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No pics installed yet, mate.
The leather door pockets are going to be ready soon too.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The postage on these only is 5$, so it adds to 23$ for two pairs delivered.
Just drop me a PM if you want to purchase.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn to bad I did diy
Well, you might still want to hide the left over holes with something like that;)

The door pockets are now 90% ready. Small design change will be made - they will be a bit deeper, to fully cover the pressed in interior trim.
They are currently matching 100% the trim leather pattern and absolutely plug and play by clipsing at the rear and bottom and screwing to the armrest fixing points.
I love them and believe they will add very nicely to the custom door cards (first prototypes out next week).

More pics of them are available here and projects status updates are made now more frequently here.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I m updating this thread, adding to the Custom Door Pulls, the new Jass performance Door Pockets!

And dont forget that we also offer the 3rd Hole Leather Blanks, if you dont want to use the pockets.

So what we have is the

-Leather Door Strap Handles -with precise fitting kit.

and a selection of

a) Leather Door Pockets

b) Third hole leather blanks.

these door pockets were made to remove the bulky armrest door handle in the most elegant way.
Made from leather with the same pattern as the door card they will integrate and match the door pulls for integration with them.
Unique design allows them to bolt on to the MK1 door cards, with the cards even on the car during the installation. The installation is fully reversible and will not harm in any way the door card.

Photos installed can be found
here (Thanks to Dave and Mark for the pictures shared!).

The pressed in door card leather is known to get back in position after few days and no signs should be left from the armrest door handle after that.

Let me know if there is enought interest to make a new run of these!

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Engraved door pulls are 26, pockets are 45 each, so all in

with registered postage and all needed hardware to fit

they would cost 135 $.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts